Windows 10: Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

Discus and support Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; What happens to Windows 10 Home Original product key and version after upgrading to Pro ?Can I go back into my original version, Windows 10 Home, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nishanth Mankali, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

What happens to Windows 10 Home Original product key and version after upgrading to Pro ?Can I go back into my original version, Windows 10 Home, which came with my pc ?

:)

Nishanth Mankali, Sep 7, 2022

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Sep 7, 2022
  3. tigger Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Sep 7, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 product key will reset activation to the standard retail channel for activation. It might just activate (if there was a previous digital license for Windows 10 for that computer established with Microsoft). Once Windows 10 is back on the retail activation channel, then more than likely changing the product key to the Windows 8 product key using the same method may work.

NavyLCDR, Sep 7, 2022
Thema:

Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

1. Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys - Similar Threads - Activation Home Pro

2. Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys: What happens to Windows 10 Home Original product key and version after upgrading to Pro ?Can I go back into my original version, Windows 10 Home, which came with my pc ?...
  3. Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation: Home Vs Pro Product Keys: What happens to Windows 10 Home Original product key and version after upgrading to Pro ?Can I go back into my original version, Windows 10 Home, which came with my pc ?...
  4. Activation license vs. product key

Activation license vs. product key: I bought a used computer with Windows 10 pre-loaded, but found it wasn't activated. I bought a copy through the Windows store, but no product key was ever provided. It seems to be tied to my Microsoft account. I don't want to need to sign into an account to activate every...
  5. Activation license vs. product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation license vs. product key: I bought a used computer with Windows 10 pre-loaded, but found it wasn't activated. I bought a copy through the Windows store, but no product key was ever provided. It seems to be tied to my Microsoft account. I don't want to need to sign into an account to activate every...
  6. Activation license vs. product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. activation key vs product key

activation key vs product key: Looking for the activation key on my OEM installed win 10 - to reactivate a newly installed win 10 on a replace SSD on the same PC . I have a product key but is 5 digits short ?...
  8. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key: My brother gave me a computer that has an non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro on it. I have a new Windows 10 Pro product key which I have entered in the 'change product key' settings. I receive error 0x803F7001 and am told to buy a new copy of Windows from the...
  9. Activation of Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro product key

Activation of Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro product key: Dear All, I was wondering is someone could help me with the following problem: I am using Windows 10 on my Mac through Parallels Desktop Pro. Some time ago I purchased Windows 10 Pro, and I have an activation key for it. I used it for some time, when for some reason I...
  10. windows10 pro product key and activate ?

windows10 pro product key and activate ?: hi guys i bought a new dell inspiron laptop 2 years ago with this windows installed on it and all was fine till today it started with the message saying licence will expire soon while my windows says activated on pc properties and i fixed it from a way i found online but...