Windows 10: Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change.

Discus and support Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, I had to upgrade my failing motherboard. After reading here and other forums I was informed to verify I have the digital license attached to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobPilon, Mar 21, 2020.

1. RobPilon Win User

Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change.

Hi all,

I had to upgrade my failing motherboard. After reading here and other forums I was informed to verify I have the digital license attached to my Microsoft Account which I do. I perform the troubleshoot, select "I changed hardware on this device recently" and after my "just a moment" I receive " we can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now.. etc. It has been that way for hours after many attempts. With all that's going on out there I have to work from home now and had to replace the board. Any suggestions?

:)

RobPilon, Mar 21, 2020

2. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    If I upgrade my motherboard/CPU will my digital license be valid?

Hello codebeastmode, *Smile

If this is for a retail license, then yes you could use the "Activation troubleshooter" to activate your linked digital license to your Microsoft account with the new motherboard/cpu.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Be sure you link your license to your Microsoft account before changing the motherboard/CPU.

*Arrow Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Jabadude Win User

Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change.

Windows 10 reactivate after motherboard and CPU change

I changed the motherboard and CPU on my computer and the digital license reactivation isn't working. I follow all the steps, (settings - update & security - Activation - Troubleshoot - I changed hardware on this device recently) the computer I am trying
    to activate windows 10 on does not show up as one that I can choose. BUT when I go into my Microsoft account it is there under devices. Why is it not showing up as one I can choose to activate windows 10 on????

Jabadude, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Activation - I have the digital License, still won't work after Motherboard/CPU change. - Similar Threads - Activation digital License

2. Digital Windows l key is not activating after major hardware change Motherboard and CPU.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital Windows l key is not activating after major hardware change Motherboard and CPU.: Hello guys, i got a rather strange Problem.Background:One day ago I swapped my Motherboard and my CPU in my personal PC. I did a completely fresh installation of Windows from a USB-Stick.After I reinstalled Windows and a Network driver I logged in to my Microsoft account,...
  3. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware motherboard, cpu ram

Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware motherboard, cpu ram: Hello, I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows on this...
  4. CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license

CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license: I changed my motherboard and CPU, and now Windows needs to be activated. My Activation tab in the system settings looks like this: [ATTACH] I am signed in with my Microsoft account. I click on troubleshoot and it shows the devices attached to my account. I select the device...
  5. Activation w/digital license linked to MS Account after motherboard change

Activation w/digital license linked to MS Account after motherboard change: Hi, Yesterday I received new motherboard. My current Windows 10 Pro is w/digital license linked to MS account. I am one of the participants of the Windows Insider Program. My question is, because I need to reinstall my Windows complete and to prepare for my work, do I...
  6. Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU

Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU: I bought new parts for my PC, including a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU. After putting everything in my new case, with the same 2 SSDs and graphics card from my previous prebuilt PC, Windows 10 won't activate, saying the product key is invalid and that it's linked to the...
  7. Digital License Won't Work?

Digital License Won't Work?: So I recently go a new desktop and installed windows 10 home onto it. My laptop had windows 8 and I updated to the free windows 10 that Microsoft gave meaning I had the windows 10 home digital license. The problem is that my PC wont activate windows, even thought im signed...
  8. Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.

Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.: Hello Community. I've recently experienced various PC issues with a previous Rig of mine and decided to put together a new and moved my Hard Drive over to the new motherboard. After further troubleshooting, BSODs, and Resetting the PC out of frustration to get a clean...
  9. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...
  10. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.: First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want...