Windows 10: activation invalid after deletion of product key

Discus and support activation invalid after deletion of product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For Code: ProductName : Windows 10 Pro ProcessorArchitecture : x64 EditionId : Professional BuildLab : 17763.rs5_release.180914-1434... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zbook, Oct 29, 2019.

1. zbook Win User

activation invalid after deletion of product key

For
    Code:
    the product ID was deleted.
    The operating system was Windows 7 or 8 factory installed (upgrade/ downgrade rights) and was upgraded to windows 10 during the free upgrade period.

The computer should have licensing information on Microsoft servers.
    There is a Microsoft account.

The activation diagnostic tool after deletion of the product ID displayed invalid license.
    The V2 log collector, last ran on 9/21 displayed ActivePartialProductKey : 3V66T

System currently displays:
    Windows is not activated.
    Product ID: Not available

The computer needs to be troubleshooted for Windows upgrade failure.

None of these commands worked after the run of the upk command.
    Code:
    Shouldn't a clean install if required be able to be performed having upgraded to Windows 10?
    Would reset save files and custom install be other options in case troubleshooting steps fail?
    What significance if any is the loss of the product key followed by invalid license?
    What fixes are available contacting Microsoft global support?
    Does a system restore typically restore the product ID?

:)

zbook, Oct 29, 2019

2. ACTIVATION KEY INVALID

win 10 stopped working after restart - all the steps and possibilities but continued saying there was a problem - had to reinstall from usb but now have the invalid activation key message - (using the key from system 7)

Tried command prompt solutions from forum - nothing works

please help

yannisxamonakis, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. activation invalid after deletion of product key - Similar Threads - activation invalid deletion

2. Windows 7 product key invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 product key invalid: Hello, I have a purchased copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.I am the only one who bought, opened and used the installation disks, which is a pack of the 32 bit and 64 bit disks.My system was originally installed with 32 bit Windows 7 because when I got it used, it had a failed...
  3. Windows 7 product key invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 product key invalid: Hello, I have a purchased copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.I am the only one who bought, opened and used the installation disks, which is a pack of the 32 bit and 64 bit disks.My system was originally installed with 32 bit Windows 7 because when I got it used, it had a failed...
  4. Windows product key after activation

Windows product key after activation: Hey,So I just installed windows 11 on a new device. On an old laptop I found a retail key so I got the code by typing "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in the command prompt.I then proceeded to activate windows on the new device.Now, after the...
  5. Why my production key invalid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my production key invalid?: why my product key is invalid, i had tried another code in google KMS, also invalid. I am sure my windows is original since this included with the laptop. FYI my windows type always changing. Now my windows is 11 pro education, later can be 11 pro, later can be 11 pro N, and...
  6. Why my production key invalid?

Why my production key invalid?: why my product key is invalid, i had tried another code in google KMS, also invalid. I am sure my windows is original since this included with the laptop. FYI my windows type always changing. Now my windows is 11 pro education, later can be 11 pro, later can be 11 pro N, and...
  7. Invalid Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invalid Product Key: I was experimenting if I can install windows 8.1 on my old computer for nostalgic purposes. I have 2 product keys I was able to recover from the command prompt and third party programs. I then installed windows 8.1 iso to my usb and when I attempted to type both product keys...
  8. Activate Windows [Activation key invalid after 20H2 update]

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows [Activation key invalid after 20H2 update]: Hi all, I am a Window 10 Education user. I updated my Windows to 20H2 on 12/11/2020. Shortly after the update, I received an error saying that my window is not activated and please activate the window. By far this issue has not been causing any major problem to the...
  9. windows says product key is invalid

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows says product key is invalid: I put a new hard drive in a win7 computer and used a jump drive copy of win10... I knew I'd need a new product key (I don't even know what the win7 key was). I bought a key from my wife's college (cuz it was free with her edu email).. Now windows says it's an invalid...
  10. Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch – Windows Activation Error

in Windows 10 News
    Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch – Windows Activation Error: [ATTACH] If you are receiving a Windows 10 Activation Error code 0xC004E016, 0xC004F210, 0xC004F034 and 0xC004F00F, they all point to the same thing – Invalid Product Key or Version mismatch. This means that either you are entering a wrong product key or you are [...] This...