Windows 10: Activation Issue after Recovery

Discus and support Activation Issue after Recovery in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I've had my current laptop for about 7 years and had a major error a few days ago that prevented me from booting properly missing/corrupted hal.dll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DennisL23, Mar 28, 2021.

1. DennisL23 Win User

Activation Issue after Recovery

So I've had my current laptop for about 7 years and had a major error a few days ago that prevented me from booting properly missing/corrupted hal.dll file. I tried many options to try to resolve the issue without having to wipe clean as I had files that were not backed up and wanted to save them.

Unfortunately I was unable to rescue my files and had to resort to factory reset it. However, I recall that when purchasing this laptop - it was a Windows 8 OS preinstall, that was upgraded to Windows 10 Home edition for free.

Now it has become a Windows 10 Enterprise and is asking me for a genuine product key which I obviously don't have.

What can I do to resolve this?

:)

DennisL23, Mar 28, 2021
  2. slim142 Win User

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Activation Issue after Recovery

ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Activation Issue after Recovery

1. Activation Issue after Recovery - Similar Threads - Activation Issue Recovery

2. Windows Recovery Drive issues with Activation and Windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Drive issues with Activation and Windows security: I use an HP 15 with 11th Gen Processor, Recently i decided to upgrade from 256ssd to 1tb SSD. I told the technician i didint want to loose my factory windows home license as it allows me updates and other benefits. He said he will do a recovery drive. I gave him access to my...
  3. Activation issues after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation issues after reset: I hard reset my computer while it was frozen and I was gaming. It wouldn't restart, so I eventually used the reset windows utility to reset windows but keep my files. It signs in now, but it is saying I need to activate windows. I try and run the commands in the CMD prompt...
  4. Activation issues after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation issues after reset: I hard reset my computer while it was frozen and I was gaming. It wouldn't restart, so I eventually used the reset windows utility to reset windows but keep my files. It signs in now, but it is saying I need to activate windows. I try and run the commands in the CMD prompt...
  5. Activation issues after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Windows Activation after Recovery fails

Windows Activation after Recovery fails: Hi,Due to some hard disk corruption issues, i was needed to recover my windows operating system. In the Recovery option, i selected the option to get the OS from network, which installed the Windows 10 Home edition, whereas i had Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition...
  7. Activation Issue after upgrade

Activation Issue after upgrade: I took part in the free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 when it first rolled out a few years ago. Since then I've upgraded my system several times. The last time I did it I installed a new CPU and GPU. Afterwards, I received a notification saying that I had to activate my copy...
  8. Activating Windows after recovery

Activating Windows after recovery: I have and ASUS Laptop that I got from my deceased girlfriend that had Windows 10 Home upgrade on it. I also have a Windows 10 pro product key I had bought from best buy to install on my self built older computer witch is no longer operational. After I did a Recovery on my...
  9. Activation after a recovery

Activation after a recovery: if i do a recovery on my computer from the settings options will i have to input my activation key again ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-after-a-recovery/b277bce7-e932-4f19-a8f2-6d7864078663"
  10. activation issue after an update

activation issue after an update: i got a problem today after an update, update the définitions for Windows defender and after that Windows become inactivated, i try the troubleshoot, and it says that i have a digital license but for Windows 10 familly and not for Windows 10 pro, (i'm using Windows 10 pro...