Windows 10: Activation issue after updating BIOS

Discus and support Activation issue after updating BIOS in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Had a BIOS update for a dual BIOS single CPU equipped motherboard, no biggie - The Master I kept as the original 16xx and I updated the Slave now 3006,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AirAssault237, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Activation issue after updating BIOS

Had a BIOS update for a dual BIOS single CPU equipped motherboard, no biggie - The Master I kept as the original 16xx and I updated the Slave now 3006, but now, no matter what BIOS I boot from, Windows refuses to activate even though I've been using the exact same hardware in the exact same configuration for over a year now. The "troubleshooter" reported inability to connect to the server, and when I tried to go through the prompts specifically for hardware changes, it failed, sent me to a web link on the support site which also failed to load. My feedback submitted in the hub has since completely disappeared, my call to support hung up on me after I was on hold for 20 minutes.

I see failure is starting to become a running theme for Microsoft.

***Original title: Activation is Hot Garbage - BIOS Apparently Kills It***

:)

AirAssault237, Feb 19, 2020
  2. BAGZZlash Win User

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, Feb 19, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Feb 19, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Activation issue after updating BIOS

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Activation issue after updating BIOS

1. Activation issue after updating BIOS - Similar Threads - Activation issue updating

2. need to activate windows after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to activate windows after bios update: updated my bios now it says i need to activate windows which i did online 5 days ago and cant seem to find my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-activate-windows-after-bios-update/eaf7af33-9cd5-4239-af2f-854bcc8005c3
  3. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  4. Activation gone after BIOS update

Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  5. Cannot activate windows after Bios update

Cannot activate windows after Bios update: After updating my gigabyte motherboard bios, I couldn't reactivate my windows. even if I click on "I've recently changed my hardware" nothing happens and just tells me to get a new product key. Is this normal and do I have to spend stupid amount of money again?...
  6. Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS: Logged into PC This morning and found that "Windows is not activated" on my desktop, and claiming that I've changed hardware. I didn't, I updated the BIOS Firmware to the latest version as there is a security flaw in my previous BIOS. Nothing else has changed, I am still...
  7. Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS

Windows Activation failure after updating BIOS: Logged into PC This morning and found that "Windows is not activated" on my desktop, and claiming that I've changed hardware. I didn't, I updated the BIOS Firmware to the latest version as there is a security flaw in my previous BIOS. Nothing else has changed, I am still...
  8. Windows activation after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  9. Windows activation after bios update

Windows activation after bios update: After updating the bios, im unable to activate windows 11, which was already activated. You're telling me I can't update the bios without windows freaking out. I paid for this product and now the only thing the troubleshooter is telling me to do is to just buy another product...
  10. Activation loss after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation loss after BIOS update: Halo thar. Nice to post again. I am a little concerned as I want to update my BIOS but I am seriously going to crap my pants (I'm old) if I lose activation on 10. After a health issue my ability to focus and or sit up for any long periods of time is limiting. Also I am a...