Windows 10: Activation Issue after upgrade

Discus and support Activation Issue after upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I took part in the free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 when it first rolled out a few years ago. Since then I've upgraded my system several times. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KanedaTetsuo, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Activation Issue after upgrade

I took part in the free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 when it first rolled out a few years ago. Since then I've upgraded my system several times. The last time I did it I installed a new CPU and GPU. Afterwards, I received a notification saying that I had to activate my copy of windows. I now have a permanent watermark on my screen which is just severely irritating, can no longer customize my system, and I have absolutely no idea what my CD key was as I just opted for the free upgrade. I have really no idea how to go about re-activating it. I've tried going through the help section for Microsoft.. about linking the product key to an account, something about an email being sent.. etc.. but it's honestly been years. Any email I would have received is long gone, I don't even recall ever getting one when I opted in. Now it seems like my only recourse is to do a complete uninstall and go back to Windows 7. I believe I was told at some point that I could only make so many upgrades to my system before Windows 10 rejects it as the original computer. I'm not entirely sure if that's true or not.. but either way... I need help figuring this thing out. Much appreciation for any assistance rendered.

:)

KanedaTetsuo, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 13, 2020
  3. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Activation Issue after upgrade

Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Activation Issue after upgrade

1. Activation Issue after upgrade - Similar Threads - Activation Issue upgrade

2. Windows 11 Activation issue after Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation issue after Pro Upgrade: Hi,We have a Windows 11 Laptop that we upgraded from Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store, the machine was then reset and enrolled into Microsoft Intune. Now Windows shows as Windows 11 Enterprise and will not activate. How can I resolve this?Thanks...
  3. Windows 11 Activation issue after Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Activation issue after Pro Upgrade: Hi,We have a Windows 11 Laptop that we upgraded from Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store, the machine was then reset and enrolled into Microsoft Intune. Now Windows shows as Windows 11 Enterprise and will not activate. How can I resolve this?Thanks...
  4. Windows 10 activation issues after hardware upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation issues after hardware upgrade.: So I recently upgraded some hardware in one of my computers and, just like I have always done, I took my old hardware and put it into another one of my computers to "upgrade" that one as well. Now I am having trouble activating Windows on one of my machines. So for clarity:...
  5. Windows Not Activating After Upgrades

Windows Not Activating After Upgrades: Previously, I bought Windows 8.1 as a physical copy and ran it until Windows 10 was released. I upgraded to Windows 10 Home Edition and reinstalled that copy a few times on the machine. Just today, however, it said that my copy of Windows wasn't activated, so I took out my...
  6. Activating after hardware upgrade

Activating after hardware upgrade: I know NOW that i should have linked my license to my Microsoft account and gotten a product key. I didn't know that before I changed my motherboard, cpu and memory. My question is, if I now change back to my old hardware, will Windows be activated again and can I then do...
  7. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: I upgraded my MB, cpu and ram and am unable to activate windows 10. I linked my windows licence to my Microsoft account before my upgrade but it will not let me activate. I've tried trouble shooting activation (clicking on changed hardware) and customer support, but they...
  8. Activation after upgrade.

Activation after upgrade.: Just upgraded PC. had windows before. now saying need to reactivate. have been through all trouble shoot and still not letting me activate. have no idea where aproduct key is. don't really wanna buy a new license when I shouldn't have tyo. any help please?...
  9. Activation after hardware upgrade

Activation after hardware upgrade: Just a quick question please, is there any way of reactivating a digital entitlement license obtained by upgrading from Win7 for free, on upgraded hardware, without having to link a MS account? Privacy issues and all that...I know phone activation worked for me with Win7 once...
  10. Activation after upgrade?

Activation after upgrade?: I updated from Windows 7 Professional N to Windows 10 Professional N successfully and I am fully activated. If I choose to re-install the OS as a fresh install from USB, will the CD key be recognized or will I need to do Windows 7 > Windows 10 all over again? I tried a fresh...