Windows 10: Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change

Discus and support Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I bought my laptop last year with windows 10 pre-installed. I signed in with my microsoft account with my previous hotmail e-mail address.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dóra Almási, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change

Hello!

I bought my laptop last year with windows 10 pre-installed. I signed in with my microsoft account with my previous hotmail e-mail address. Since then microsoft locked me out of that e-mail which is still connected to my laptop.

I want to change my administrator user's e-mail to my new e-mail address, but I cannot log in to my locked hotmail account. I've read that factory reset could solve my probrem, but I am not sure if I can complete it without knowing the licence key. since I bought this laptop with pre-installed windows 10

Will the factory reset work for me and help me in changing my administrator user?

Do I need to know the licence key to be able to complete this process? Especially if I want to remove the administrator user with my previous e-mail address from which I am locked out and have a fresh start with my new hotmail, being the only administrator user on my laptop.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Dóri

:)

Dóra Almási, Aug 16, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Activation Keys and Factory Resetting

I know that factory resetting requires a activation key. I want to factory reset my computer so can i use the current activation key on it?

Leslie Whitehead, Aug 16, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Upgrade. Upgrade. It's not a full OS, it's a free upgrade to an existing OS.

If it is already activated, you can download the "240" build and update from there. That is the key part...it has to be activated and listed in your Microsoft Account in order to be upgraded from preview to release. No new activations have been possible for a few now.

cadaveca, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change

1. Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change - Similar Threads - Activation key factory

2. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing: Hello, When I factory reset my pc, the selection for the language and creation of new account did not pop up, instead it showed the old user, but when I try to log in. It won't let me and showed me an error. I also tried using the command prompt in advance options, and shows...
  3. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing: Hello, When I factory reset my pc, the selection for the language and creation of new account did not pop up, instead it showed the old user, but when I try to log in. It won't let me and showed me an error. I also tried using the command prompt in advance options, and shows...
  4. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Activate windows after factory reset

Activate windows after factory reset: So my pc was having some issues after i relocated windows from my hdd to my ssd and had to do a factory reset, the first time i did it everything was fine but the crashes were still a thing so after a couple of weeks i factory reseted again but now it says "we can't activate...
  6. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After factory reset, microsoft account is still there: So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy....
  7. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset, microsoft account is still there: So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy....
  8. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

9. Windows not activated after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not activated after factory reset: I just factory reset my computer, and after finishing, windows did not activate. I have my activation key and tried to activate it in settings and all it says is "The product key you entered didn't work."...
  10. Activation Keys and Factory Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation Keys and Factory Resetting: I know that factory resetting requires a activation key. I want to factory reset my computer so can i use the current activation key on it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-keys-and-factory-resetting/c9ebe1a3-ee82-4502-9a1a-81f52eca7eb6