Windows 10: Activation key for free windows update

Discus and support Activation key for free windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there We had some installation issues back when Windows were giving free upgrades to Windows 10. I've recently had to re-set the laptop and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by coco clown, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Activation key for free windows update

Hi there

We had some installation issues back when Windows were giving free upgrades to Windows 10. I've recently had to re-set the laptop and have used the bootable USB to resinstall the windows 10 system software. Now, however, it wont activate because i cant remember the code they gave me.

I've tried to get help from microsoft support, but cant get to speak to anyone :

any ideas? Its re-installed fine, but obviously it says its not a validated copy.

Many thanks, Karl

:)

coco clown, Dec 22, 2019
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Dec 22, 2019
  3. tigger Win User

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Dec 22, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

Activation key for free windows update

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Activation key for free windows update

1. Activation key for free windows update - Similar Threads - Activation key free

2. legal free windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    legal free windows activation: Hi there ,I am really hoping to get a positive reply :I am not living in America or Europe , I can't purshase a windows 10 activation it's expensive to me and I am really trying not to have an illegal windows 10 version It's easy to find one , so I only found to have 90 free...
  3. legal free windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    legal free windows activation: Hi there ,I am really hoping to get a positive reply :I am not living in America or Europe , I can't purshase a windows 10 activation it's expensive to me and I am really trying not to have an illegal windows 10 version It's easy to find one , so I only found to have 90 free...
  4. Regarding Activation of Free antivirus with key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding Activation of Free antivirus with key: does windows 10 need antivirus to protect or inbuild windows defender is enough.i have seen there are many videos showing free antivirus activation with key -is this possible to activate free antivirus.what are the defects of using free antivirus....
  5. windows 10 activation free

windows 10 activation free: lost windows 10 free serial activation . how to recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-free/e1e987ae-25b6-49eb-8b3c-6528201c2213
  6. Windows 10 Pro free Activation Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro free Activation Key: Hi, I have a question: I recently activated my Windows 10 pro with a free activation key (from online tutorial). It worked but there is the sentence „Windows is activated using your organization‘s activation service“ I don’t know this organization, but can this organization...
  7. free activation key for windows 10 education

free activation key for windows 10 education: i live in iran and i could not buy your original windows i would like to activate windows 10 education and i have a free activation key that i don't pay for it.i would be most grateful if your company permit me to use it. there is no need to do anything just i would like to...
  8. Free windows 10 activation key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free windows 10 activation key?: Pretty much just the title. Need a key for windows 10 pro. Help a brother out . submitted by /u/georgelove622 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfp0la/free_windows_10_activation_key/
  9. Windows 10 Activation After Free Update

Windows 10 Activation After Free Update: I recently updated my ASUS Notebook PC to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, meaning I don't have a product key. I should have a digital license, and to be honest, I'm not sure what all of that means. Anyway, it says that I haven't activated genuine Windows 10, and every time...
  10. Windows 10 activation for free

Windows 10 activation for free: I had upgraded for free when Microsoft was offering the upgrade for free some time ago. Now I am being blocked out of many services, and it wants me to provide the activation key. I never was given an activation key from the free upgrade, and unfortunately do not have my...