Windows 10: Activation Key is not accepted

Discus and support Activation Key is not accepted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I put in my activation key off of my computer page and it tells me to use another key or purchase one! Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianDennison1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Activation Key is not accepted

I put in my activation key off of my computer page and it tells me to use another key or purchase one! Help

:)

BrianDennison1, Aug 10, 2018

2. Wndows 10 does not accept product key

I got that Hans, but if this steps are taken:

• create the install media
    • boot from install media
    • format the drive
    • begin the install
    • skip the key (since it does not accept the w8.1 key)
    • finish install
    Then what happens? Am I just SOL? Do I have to pay for Windows AGAIN? There has got to be a way to call MS and "convert" a key, or get a replacement one...

eduardocesconetto, Aug 10, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Activation Key is not accepted

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Activation Key is not accepted

1. Activation Key is not accepted - Similar Threads - Activation Key accepted

2. Windows activation not accepting my windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation not accepting my windows key: Won't accept my windows key I have one underthe laptop on a sticker won't work and the one with the windows cd that I formated with doesint work ether code erreur 0x80072F8F...
  3. Windows activation not accepting my windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation not accepting my windows key: Won't accept my windows key I have one underthe laptop on a sticker won't work and the one with the windows cd that I formated with doesint work ether code erreur 0x80072F8F...
  4. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key Not Accepted: I am hoping to transfer a Windows 10 Pro product key from an old laptop to a new Surface Go currently running in S mode.I have copied the key from the old laptop, removed the product key from it, cleared its registry, and have removed the old laptop from my Microsoft...
  5. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Not Accepted: I am hoping to transfer a Windows 10 Pro product key from an old laptop to a new Surface Go currently running in S mode.I have copied the key from the old laptop, removed the product key from it, cleared its registry, and have removed the old laptop from my Microsoft...
  6. Activation/ product key not accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation/ product key not accepted: Hi: I checked out Win 10 PRO using a place holder key but now I am not able to roll it back to my OEM Win 10 HOME version of windows. I tried some steps like updating the registry to HOME from PRO and then mounting and running the ISO for WIN 10 but it doesn't work. It...
  7. Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Key Not Accepted: I have a key for personal Office 365 however when I enter it doesn't install. The card has never been used as I had to scratch of the silver on the card. Cant figure out what is wrong....
  8. Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows is not Accepting my old Key During Activation: Hi there i had a window 10 update recently . i think it was from 1803 to 1903 version. after the update window crashed due to blue screen death. it keeps turning OFF and ON again every few minutes. so i formatted my hard drive and install window 10 ISO program in it....
  9. Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 already installed. It worked fine to begin with but, after a few months it started showing the message "Activate Windows". I have not made any hardware changes to the laptop (I wouldn't know how!) so not sure why it suddenly needed...
  10. Acceptable activation serial key

Acceptable activation serial key: I have/had installed on a number of computers, Windows 10 Enterprise x64 90 day evaluation edition. They are all expired by now, but still function for an hour or so I believe. I finally may be near buying serials keys for all the computers. The question is; Can I buy x64...