Windows 10: Activation key question

Discus and support Activation key question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a downloaded copy of win10 that was bought with a key for a new install. That install is complete, my question is can I buy a new key and use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by k4dkx, Mar 20, 2021.

1. k4dkx Win User

Activation key question

I have a downloaded copy of win10 that was bought with a key for a new install. That install is complete, my question is can I buy a new key and use the same download or do I have to buy a complete new download?

:)

k4dkx, Mar 20, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Mar 20, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User

Upgrade. Upgrade. It's not a full OS, it's a free upgrade to an existing OS.

If it is already activated, you can download the "240" build and update from there. That is the key part...it has to be activated and listed in your Microsoft Account in order to be upgraded from preview to release. No new activations have been possible for a few now.

cadaveca, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Activation key question

Yup! I saw it in there this morning. I really like this new activation route they have gone so far. Super easy to maintain.

TheMailMan78, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Activation key question

1. Activation key question - Similar Threads - Activation key question

2. Question about Windows activation keys.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about Windows activation keys.: I want to buy a cheap and legal activation key from Microsoft website itself, but The Microsoft website is a maze and always keeps getting me to other places that don't seem to have an answer, please where to buy? I don't want an enterprise or student or organization license,...
  3. Question about Windows activation keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows activation keys.: I want to buy a cheap and legal activation key from Microsoft website itself, but The Microsoft website is a maze and always keeps getting me to other places that don't seem to have an answer, please where to buy? I don't want an enterprise or student or organization license,...
  4. Question about Windows activation keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation questions: I am facing some issues with my laptop so I want to reset it. First time when my laptop came I signed in with my mother's account and then changed it to mine Microsoft Account.So after resetting Windows I had to use my mother's account or my account for activating?Or will it...
  6. Activation question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation question: Hello,I am currently running windows 10 home which was a freeupgrade from windows 7.I am planning on replacing the motherboard, cpu, and memory in my computer.I'm assuming I would have to buy windows 10 from microsoft to activate.Once this is done and I plan on upgrading the...
  7. Activation question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation question: Hello,I am currently running windows 10 home which was a freeupgrade from windows 7.I am planning on replacing the motherboard, cpu, and memory in my computer.I'm assuming I would have to buy windows 10 from microsoft to activate.Once this is done and I plan on upgrading the...
  8. Question about activation keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about activation keys: Im about to finish buliding my first pc, and i was looking for a cheaper method of getting the keys (i don't want to pay 100$+) where should i get cheap keys from? And are those websites trusted and safe? Or is there a way to get free keys? submitted by /u/hot_dwag [link]...
  9. Activation Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activation Question: I have two devices running Windows 10 and I'd like to activate them both. One is running Home and the other is running Pro. The price of purchasing those two versions is different. Should I buy the cheapest version of Windows that I can since I only want the activation key...
  10. Activation question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation question: I am a long time Win7 hold out. However, I just installed Win10Home on my laptop using the Media creation tool. Will I have to activate or purchase a Win10 key? I have seen some on Ebay for less than $10, but am not sure those are genuine. I have Winver 1903 and a check of...