Windows 10: Activation Keys and Factory Resetting

Discus and support Activation Keys and Factory Resetting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know that factory resetting requires a activation key. I want to factory reset my computer so can i use the current activation key on it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leslie Whitehead, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Activation Keys and Factory Resetting

I know that factory resetting requires a activation key. I want to factory reset my computer so can i use the current activation key on it?

:)

Leslie Whitehead, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Paawan Win User

Windows 10 activation problem after factory reset. Error 0xC004C003

Activation Keys and Factory Resetting [​IMG]

See the windows is activated. And this is the screen which asks the product key. I can only skip this step if I boot from the dvd and select the clean install option.

"slmg /ato" returns Activating Windows core single language edition (a string of numbers and alphabets)
    Product activated successfully.

Paawan, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Word Man Win User

You have to make sure the Win 8.1 reinstall is reactivated, not just assume because it's a factory reset. See tutorial here: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...-8-online.html and use the options and activation means appropriate to your particular version and license. There are command line methods (which NavyLCDR is well versed in) that you can also use to get an exact picture of activation, license type, and exact Win8.1 version that will confirm activation before you proceed to the WIn10 upgrade (and that is confirmed to match your exact Win 8.1 version).

Word Man, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Paawan Win User

Activation Keys and Factory Resetting

Hi guys.
    I ran into a problem here. I have a slow internet connection. Somehow it upgraded from the pre-installed 8.1 to windows 10 via the media creation tool. I used the upgrade this machine now option.
    Due to some problem I had to get the track pad and the keyboard of the notebook replaced. After that I did a factory reset using the HP Recovery Manager. After coming back to 8.1 i was not able to upgrade via the media creation tool again it just vanished after downloading. The Microsoft Support guy told me it must be due to a bad connection. So I got the .iso from a friend and installed it, I formatted the partition after installing. The upgrade option required a product key I was able to skip that step only in the clean install option. Then I got the key using show key plus and did a factory reset again and used the upgrade option. But it wouldn't activate. Then I did a factory reset again back to 8.1 and used the disk to do a clean install. I skipped the key part but the key its showing is the same one I get from show key plus. Still its not activating.
    Where did I go wrong?

Paawan, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Activation Keys and Factory Resetting

1. Activation Keys and Factory Resetting - Similar Threads - Activation Keys Factory

2. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...
  3. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...
  4. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activate windows after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate windows after factory reset: So my pc was having some issues after i relocated windows from my hdd to my ssd and had to do a factory reset, the first time i did it everything was fine but the crashes were still a thing so after a couple of weeks i factory reseted again but now it says "we can't activate...
  6. Activate windows after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate windows after factory reset: So my pc was having some issues after i relocated windows from my hdd to my ssd and had to do a factory reset, the first time i did it everything was fine but the crashes were still a thing so after a couple of weeks i factory reseted again but now it says "we can't activate...
  7. Activate windows after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows not activated after factory reset

Windows not activated after factory reset: I just factory reset my computer, and after finishing, windows did not activate. I have my activation key and tried to activate it in settings and all it says is "The product key you entered didn't work."...
  9. Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change

Activation key after factory reset and microsoft account change: Hello! I bought my laptop last year with windows 10 pre-installed. I signed in with my microsoft account with my previous hotmail e-mail address. Since then microsoft locked me out of that e-mail which is still connected to my laptop. I want to change my administrator...
  10. PC factory reset no key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC factory reset no key: So I went and did a factory reset on my PC. I'm kinda a noon and didnt have a windows 10 download to use once it was reset. I'm now stuck on the login screen with no way to get past. I have the sticker on the case of PC displaying my windows 10 pro security code which I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activation factory reset crack