Windows 10: activation license key

Discus and support activation license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to activate license key and what exactly is it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aaliya18, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Aaliya18 Win User

activation license key

Does anyone know how to activate license key and what exactly is it?

:)

Aaliya18, Aug 25, 2019

2. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Finally got it activated but still confused as to what is really going on with activation.

here is what I did:

-got another Win7 Pro key from a friend (non volume license one)
    -I tried to activate it, but it gave the same error message as before, "could not activate with this key"
    -following suggestion above, I tried it a second time. This time it activated !!! (internet was connected both times)

don't know why just doing it 2 times makes it work. maybe someone else can explain that.

I checked it with ShowkeyPlus and to my surprise it now said it was activated and showed the installed key as the generic Win10Pro key that is listed in above post. But I did not enter that key. ????

tikicarver, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Windows License Key

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 25, 2019
  4. activation license key

oem activation key

Right - especially if a newer board.

That said, if doing a re-install on a totally different motherboard, OEM licenses are not "legally" transferable.

Bill_Bright, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

activation license key

1. activation license key - Similar Threads - activation license key

2. cannot activate windows licensed key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot activate windows licensed key: cannot activate windows licensed key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-windows-licensed-key/51203cf8-b91d-4635-863a-e729c98577a3
  3. cannot activate windows licensed key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot activate windows licensed key: cannot activate windows licensed key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-windows-licensed-key/51203cf8-b91d-4635-863a-e729c98577a3
  4. Is Digital License Activation key legit ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Digital License Activation key legit ?: I found on the web there were lots of web sites selling these keys for under 20$ even 2$. But in Microsoft store it's over 100$.Are those keys really legitimate ?...
  5. Is Digital License Activation key legit ?

Is Digital License Activation key legit ?: I found on the web there were lots of web sites selling these keys for under 20$ even 2$. But in Microsoft store it's over 100$.Are those keys really legitimate ?...
  6. Is Digital License Activation key legit ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Activation license vs. product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation license vs. product key: I bought a used computer with Windows 10 pre-loaded, but found it wasn't activated. I bought a copy through the Windows store, but no product key was ever provided. It seems to be tied to my Microsoft account. I don't want to need to sign into an account to activate every...
  8. Activation license vs. product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation license vs. product key: I bought a used computer with Windows 10 pre-loaded, but found it wasn't activated. I bought a copy through the Windows store, but no product key was ever provided. It seems to be tied to my Microsoft account. I don't want to need to sign into an account to activate every...
  9. Activation license vs. product key

10. Windows License Key / Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License Key / Windows Activation: Hello everyone! So at some point after some updates from Microsoft i noticed a notification kept popping up. I was being told that Windows is not activated like as i didnt have a licensed product key. The device is a Lenovo ideapad 310 bought with a Windows 10 Pro...