Windows 10: Activation nightmare

Discus and support Activation nightmare in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have purchased a minecraft key and for MS's information, this has been the most difficult and time consuming activation I've ever encountered.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kennyms, Sep 11, 2018.

1. kennyms Win User

Activation nightmare

I have purchased a minecraft key and for MS's information, this has been the most difficult and time consuming activation I've ever encountered.

Anyway, I am now told I need to link an applicable device in order to install the game. I am on my windows 10 laptop and I am signed in, but that is evidently not what I need to do. Can someone please help me to link my device/laptop, as I followed the instructions and they broke down when a step was not available/the instructions were simply not usable. Thanks for your help and please forgive my frustration fueled attitude. Activation nightmare :)

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Licensing & activation]

:)

kennyms, Sep 11, 2018

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    activation problem

Hi,

I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Activation nightmare

Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Activation nightmare

1. Activation nightmare - Similar Threads - Activation nightmare

2. Computer won't go to sleep when a screen saver is active?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't go to sleep when a screen saver is active?: Having a hard time with this one. I installed a screen saver I like last night and now my system won't go to sleep after 10 minutes. I have the screen saver to come on after 5 minutes. I went to all my power settings in control panel and everything seems to be correct after a...
  3. SOFTWARE KEY ACTIVATION NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SOFTWARE KEY ACTIVATION NOT WORKING: ACTIVATION KEY WONT WORK ON WINDOWS 10 SOFTWARE PURCHASED FROM AMAZON. AMAZON SENT ME A REPLACEMENT BUT I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. IT WILL DOWNLOAD TO THE POINT WHERE YOU ENTER THE ACTIVATION KEY AND IT WONT ACCEPT THE KEY THAT IS UNDER THE SCRATCH OFF....
  4. Windows 10 Activation

Windows 10 Activation: Hi i bought laptop with windows 10 and activated but i want to remove this activation and buy a new product key or license from Microsoft and put this original activation on my windows how i can buy this license...
  5. Windows activation

Windows activation: Windows 10 Home on my Microsoft Surface suddenly got deactivated. It asks me to enter a licence key that I can't find. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation/837b631d-a0c6-43a3-9ab2-ce7b23b905e3
  6. activating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activating windows 10: activating windows 10 hav some problem acativate windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10/03501d89-c1ab-49b0-b3f7-14930cfa5273
  7. Windows 10 Activation

Windows 10 Activation: Hi For some reason I am getting the following message. The Windows version that I have came with the computer but my computer was updated through Microsoft for Windows 10 couple of years ago. Please help. I am also including my original product key no....
  8. SSD activity light for the taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD activity light for the taskbar...?: Since my latest Win10 system does not have a SSD LED activity light, I am looking for one that show on the taskbar. I have two SSD drives. I need a program that is small and simple to use. Nothing fancy. Simple..right? OR Is there an external SSD LED activity indicator...
  9. Activate Windows won't go away

Activate Windows won't go away: So,today i tried every method from Regedit to Softwares to remove the "Activate Windows" thing on the bottom right of the monitor but everytime i restart my pc it's still there and i don't know what to do... submitted by /u/SgtPootler [link] [comments]...
  10. How to set themes without activation

How to set themes without activation: Currently, I have searched the web that how to set themes for un-activated windows... None of them worked, solutions would be greatly appreciated. P.S: There is some problem with windows and it was not being activated, I called support and they said that I have to buy a new...