Windows 10: Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7

Discus and support Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro free via Microsoft from Windows 7.I am anticipating I may soon have to reformat my HDD as I keep getting blue screens.Do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnTrueman, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro free via Microsoft from Windows 7.I am anticipating I may soon have to reformat my HDD as I keep getting blue screens.Do I have to install Windows 7 again and then use the Windows 10 Pro upgrade which I saved or can I simply just install Windows 10 Pro/ Also, what licence key do I use?

:)

JohnTrueman, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7

windows 7 8 or 10

We can kick Windows 8.1 to the curb right away. Windows 10, in tablet mode, is effectively identical...not that I would recommend using tablet mode.

The only advantage Windows 8.1 has over Windows 10 is Windows Media Center. Windows 10 doesn't have it and likely will never support it. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbox One and use that, instead of your computer, for media, and then stream it to your Windows 10 machine from the Xbox One. Windows Media Center on 7 seems to not be getting updates anymore (worked off of Vista guide info which shut down). Windows Media Center on 8.1 costs $10 to upgrade on Pro or $100 to upgrade on Home.

The Windows 7 upgrade (should still work for about 10 months yet) requires:
    1) Install Windows 7.
    2) Activate Windows 7.
    3) Upgrade to Windows 10.
    4) Activate Windows 10.
    At this point, you could either stay with Windows 10 or downgrade to Windows 7 by doing a clean install.

Personally, I would go with Windows 10. It has some bugs but it is pretty good overall.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7

1. Activation of free upgraded Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Activation free upgraded

2. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  3. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  4. Genuine Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrad - Is it free?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Genuine Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrad - Is it free?: Hello, I have genuine Windows 7 Pro running on my dell vostro 2520 with key purchased from Microsoft. I got a message on my laptop that Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft so please upgrad to Windows 10. I know, I am late on this. I want to understand that if I...
  5. windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR

windows 7/10 FREE upgrADE /ACTIVATION ERROR: how do i activate windows 10 license on dell laptop that came with windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-710-free-upgrade-activation-error/47ecfa08-ee2d-4e80-b722-6410a906055b
  6. Windows 10 Pro activation error , months after free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro activation error , months after free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro.: Hello there, I had a Windows 7 Pro on my laptop, working perfectly until I got the suggestion for free upgrade to Windows 10 which eventually became a " you-have-to-do -t". Anyway, I did it and it automatically was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. It was working normal until...
  7. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  8. 10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??

10 free upgrade from W-7 Pro to 10 Pro ??: Done a lot of free upgrades from W-7 Home to 10 Home with no problem. Now have a W-7 Pro that wants to be upgraded to 10 Pro. Can I use my usual method, going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 and doing the upgrade this PC?? Pete 146200
  9. ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7

ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CANT USE MY PRODUCT KEY FROM WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 PRO FREE UPGRADE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-after-free-upgrading-from/282f861b-a36d-44c6-9b73-f0e32f2e5453"
  10. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro free upgrade: Hi, Is it still possible to free upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 Pro. Our customer has bought M365 E3 license which has Windows enterprise free upgradation license. For this to happen, the base OS should be Windows 10 Pro activated. Currently some machines are in...