Windows 10: Activation of Pro Licence

Discus and support Activation of Pro Licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded my Windows Home licence directly through Microsoft. I then restarted my laptop but it still shows only Windows Home not Pro. The email sent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GregWildisen, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Activation of Pro Licence

I upgraded my Windows Home licence directly through Microsoft. I then restarted my laptop but it still shows only Windows Home not Pro. The email sent through does not have a licence key. How can I fix this?

:)

GregWildisen, Apr 29, 2020
  2. aradne Win User

Windows 10 Pro Licence Expiring - looking for help

I have an HP Elitebook Folio 9470m purchased from a private seller about 6 months ago in late September or early October of 2017. Within the last week I have been getting a pop-up saying that the Windows Licence is about to expire.

The seller had Windows 7 Pro running on it when I bought it and there is a Windows 7 Pro product key in the battery compartment. The seller told me that he had been running Windows 10 for a short period, but did not like it and had rolled the laptop back to Windows 7.

When I purchased it, I immediately updated it to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft website. There were no issues and it has been running Windows 10 Pro without any problem for the last 6 months. I do vaguely remember however that when updating to Windows 10, the process seemed just slightly different than when I updated another laptop earlier in the year.

When I checked the Settings>Activation page now, it says "Windows is activated using your organization's activation service" and not a digital licence as on my other laptop. I had assumed that when updating 6 months ago, I had moved to a digital licence for Windows 10. That doesn't appear to be the case.
    I downloaded the activation download tool in the first post of this thread, but it's not running properly. I can try getting it to run if you think it's necessary, but in the meantime I used Jellybean Keyfinder to look for the current Windows 10 product key. It's different from the one listed in the battery compartment for the original Windows 7 install. Keyfinder also lists the registered owner as HP and gives a blank for registered organization. It also states that Windows 10 Pro was "Installed from Volume Media".

I want to continue to run Windows 10 Pro and I would like to know my options. These are the ones I'm considering.

1. On the Settings>Activation page, go to Change Product Key and enter the Windows 7 Pro key that is listed in the battery compartment. I don't know if that will work or if it might also worsen the situation in some way.

2. Purchase a Windows 10 Pro product key from a UK ebay seller for a nominal cost and enter that product key. The seller has over 2000 highly positive reviews over several years so appears legitimate enough that it's been working for people.
    3. Is there any way to convert to a Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence at this stage?
    I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

aradne, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Superfly Win User
    windows 10 activation - licence will expire soon

There are two new entries in the Diagnostic report.

1. Activation Scenario Code:

2. ProductKey Code:

Both are blank on my PC.

My guess is 1. above relates to this VAMT Step-by-Step Scenarios (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs - if so non-volume users won't be affected.

No idea about 2. - there are more than enougn PK entries already!... was hoping some more digital licencing stuff would come up.

Gonna have to do some more digging and testing,,,

Superfly, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Activation of Pro Licence

Windows 10 Pro Licence entitlement

Hi, thank you, this is what I was looking for.

You do good work here, thank you.

Nicholas

You can transfer the license to another computer though:

• How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

btw: this Licence transfer I am trying to do is for my brother who is living in China and I am not sure what kind of Licence this is. So some history. I bought this PC along 4 others from a Recycling depot with the Windows 7 Pro Licences restuck with cellotape
      onto the sides of the cases. I activated all the Licences before the free Windows 10 upgrade ended and all upgraded ok.

The numbers on this Licence is 548048-001 and the licence is labelled HP.

So I am now guessing they are all activated a second time on the computers I bought.

So maybe they will not activate again for my brother.

Spwiggles88, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Activation of Pro Licence

1. Activation of Pro Licence - Similar Threads - Activation Pro Licence

2. Licence and Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Licence and Activation: My old laptop died but I have the product key for my retail windows license. I cannot use it on my new desktop since its not deactivated on the old device. How can I deactivate it now? The old device is completely inaccessible and the hard disk was wiped out! I dont think it...
  3. Licence and Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licence and Activation: My old laptop died but I have the product key for my retail windows license. I cannot use it on my new desktop since its not deactivated on the old device. How can I deactivate it now? The old device is completely inaccessible and the hard disk was wiped out! I dont think it...
  4. Licence and Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Pro Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro Licence: Hi I am in the process of changing my laptop. My current machine was upgraded to windows 10 Pro. Would it be possible to transfer my Pro licence to my new machine the new machine came with Windows 10 Home...
  6. Cannot activate the licence

Cannot activate the licence: I did a SSD change. Unfortunately don't remember or remarked what Windows 10 edition was installed since I have several cumputers. I newly reinstalled Windows 10 Education on the new SSD but it cannot activate the licence with digital licence that is on the old SSD removed....
  7. Windows 10 PRO activation with university licence

Windows 10 PRO activation with university licence: Hello community, I have recently installed Windows 10 PRO N using the .iso image downloaded from Microsoft website. I work in the Technical University of Madrid UPM where they provide Windows licence to all the workers. Unfortunately, when I tried to activate it...
  8. Licencing and Activation

Licencing and Activation: Hi All, I have Dell Inspiron AIO 2320, which has Original version of Windows installed, I was charged extra since it was a genuine version when I bought it, now the motherboard has gone bad and I have purchased a new Desktop, when I tried to use the Windows 10 key (from the...
  9. activation & licence

activation & licence: my laptop is showing that, your windows licence will expire soon. so, what I supposed to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-licence/d835912e-6325-4941-9afb-8d29f0703342"
  10. Activation and licence

Activation and licence: I bought a acer laptop in 2017 series aspire A577-ACER with a original windows 10 but suddenly in last 2 days its asking to update it again. Please solve this problem...