Windows 10: activation of product key after changing mother board

Discus and support activation of product key after changing mother board in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good day! My PC broke when my PC monitor cannot detect the PC I am using, upon consulting with the technician and them showing samples, it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Benj Mendoza, Feb 4, 2020.

1. activation of product key after changing mother board

Good day!

My PC broke when my PC monitor cannot detect the PC I am using, upon consulting with the technician and them showing samples, it so happened that the problem was my motherboard, the only solution was to change it. I downloaded a legit installer pack from Microsoft the technician assured me that after the windows installation, the product key will be automatically activated after I connected to the internet. He was right, but my my problem came in linking my windows digital license to my Microsoft account, I accidentally used my personal account in activating the key, error, so I was obliged to use the Microsoft that I used in the installation, the problem, we rarely use this account because we are using other e-mail addresses for our correspondence, and most times, our personal account from other e-mail addresses also, bad for me, I don't write in a safe place the account I used and I accidentally used a wrong e-mail address which was a wild guess, twice I used it changing the password, then I remembered the correct e-mail address with the same password, but when I was able to connect, it was locked because of my previous wrong tries. I tried to retrieve my outlook.com, it failed. Sad to say that we rarely use that account, and I didn't write the details I posted while creating the account so I wasn't able to fill the right answers on the provided registration form, most especially the e-mails received from that account.. I myself is using a different account instead of using my outlook account.

My question, can I still activate the product key for this Windows through linking it with the correct Microsoft account because I'm using a thirty day trial right now. I know this is unusual but I hope you will understand.

Thank you and hoping for a positive response. Have a nice day!

Benjie Mendoza

:)

Benj Mendoza, Feb 4, 2020

2. Changed mother board cant activate windows

I had the mother board changed and I am unable to activate windows. the sticker with my product key is partially torn and I cant use that. How do I get windows activated.

joeperuski, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Leon173 Win User
    Electronic product key for Windows 7 pro after mother board change.

Hi I have bought the HP Laptop a few years ago at PC World shop with operation system upgraded by PC World to Windows 7 pro but never was issued with the licence /product key. My laptop was repaired the mother board changed and so now I need to enter the Windows
    7 pro licence /product key to activate the operation system.

Does anyone knows if Microsoft keep records where I can check and find my icence /product key?

Many Thanks

Leon173, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Kaleemah Win User

activation of product key after changing mother board

Unable to activate Windows after changing Mother board.

Unable to activate Windows after changing Mother board. There was an update installed from Windows Store related to Intel storage, after restarting Windows Mother board BIOS was damaged. Since Motherboard was under Warranty, replaced it now cannot activate
    Windows 10.

Kaleemah, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

activation of product key after changing mother board

1. activation of product key after changing mother board - Similar Threads - activation product key

2. Changing Mother Board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Mother Board: If I change the motherboard on my PC will it require me to get a new Windows license? My Windows license was OEM so I don't have a retail copy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-mother-board/670c6d23-2e06-40d6-a2d8-2801d9fb14a1
  3. Changing Mother Board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Mother Board: If I change the motherboard on my PC will it require me to get a new Windows license? My Windows license was OEM so I don't have a retail copy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-mother-board/670c6d23-2e06-40d6-a2d8-2801d9fb14a1
  4. Changing Mother Board

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change: i had to change out my motherboard and i can't activate Windows 10 after mother board change. can i move the key to the new motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-after-mother-board-change/74c1b20f-91bd-478d-b101-03a29dbf3266
  6. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  7. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  8. changing mother board

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    changing mother board: I'm about to change my motherboard and CPU but many people said that my windows license will be gone if I try to change my motherboard my windows license is volume license...
  9. Changed mother board cant activate windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed mother board cant activate windows: I had the mother board changed and I am unable to activate windows. the sticker with my product key is partially torn and I cant use that. How do I get windows activated....
  10. After changing the mother board not posible to activate the new product key Dell provites...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After changing the mother board not posible to activate the new product key Dell provites...: After Dell Change the motherboard in my laptop they provided me with a new windows product Key i try and I follow the instructions several times with no success. I'm Getting Error Cod (0x80070057) Cortana also not help and not possible to contact a person. Any help on this...