Windows 10: Activation of reinstalled windows 10 with windows 8.1 product key

Discus and support Activation of reinstalled windows 10 with windows 8.1 product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is there any difference between windows 10 home edition and windows 10 single core language edition? For the past three years, I am using windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Selvam1975, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Activation of reinstalled windows 10 with windows 8.1 product key

Is there any difference between windows 10 home edition and windows 10 single core language edition? For the past three years, I am using windows 8.1 and consequently upgraded to windows 10 and it worked well till last week. Due to update failure, I have reinstalled windows 10 with private service person. But couldn't activate the window 10 with 8.1 product key. Upon talking with Microsoft person, she told that this reinstalled home edition doesn't match. U should reinstall with windows 10 single core language edition. So my question is whether two different home editions available?

I am using this desktop only for simple use.

Please suggest

:)

Selvam1975, Feb 24, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Feb 24, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Feb 24, 2020
  4. pigulici Win User

Activation of reinstalled windows 10 with windows 8.1 product key

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Activation of reinstalled windows 10 with windows 8.1 product key

1. Activation of reinstalled windows 10 with windows 8.1 product key - Similar Threads - Activation reinstalled product

2. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  3. Windows 8 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 Product Key: I'm trying to install Windows 8.1 on a VM and also upload the ISO image to Internet Archive but it wants a product key which I don't have. There's also no button to say 'I don't have a product key' like Windows 10 and 11. What should I do?...
  4. Cannot find my Windows Product Key for Activation Windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find my Windows Product Key for Activation Windows 8: Hi guys, really hope someone can help me here.Something happened with my laptop, but suddenly a lot of programs stopped working, I get error when trying to open programs, etc.But, I also get the message that I should activate Windows.I have Windows 8, as it is an old laptop,...
  5. Cannot find my Windows Product Key for Activation Windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find my Windows Product Key for Activation Windows 8: Hi guys, really hope someone can help me here.Something happened with my laptop, but suddenly a lot of programs stopped working, I get error when trying to open programs, etc.But, I also get the message that I should activate Windows.I have Windows 8, as it is an old laptop,...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows: Hi, last 2 years I got my Dell Laptop fixed by Dell support in warranty. Then the technician sold me a license of W8P/W10 32/64BIT SVC DPK. And I got a product key. But today I just reinstall in my Windows actually upgrade from Windows8 to Windows10 and I put those product...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 Product Activation

Reinstalling Windows 10 Product Activation: Is the product key for Windows 10 stored on the motherboard of the PC or in the HDD/SSD, and do I have to purchase a new licence each time I wish to reinstall Windows 10?...
  8. Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question

Windows 8, to Windows 10 product key question: Hello everyone, I purchased my laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed (32bit). Couple years later I completed the free upgrade to Windows 10 (also 32bit). Now, I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from 32bit to 64 bit, however, when I am asked to enter the product key, I...
  9. Windows 10 product key reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key reinstall: I had to reinstall my copy of windows 10 from a flash drive I had it saved on. I had originally upgraded from windows 7. When I tried to enter my key though it wouldn't work. Is there a way to fix this or get a new key? I had to reinstall windows 7 again for now but I want to...
  10. Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key

Activating Windows 10 with Windows 8 Key: Hello Everyone, So the past two evenings have been an absolute nightmare trying to get Windows 10 re-installed on my computer. Here's a little background: I currently possess a Windows 8.0 key. I previously had upgraded to Windows 8.1 and then in August upgraded to...