Windows 10: activation of w10 from w8.1

Discus and support activation of w10 from w8.1 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to activate by phone on my w8.1 computer so that I can install w10 but I can't find out how. Can anybody help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BarryCQ, Sep 11, 2022.

1. BarryCQ Win User

activation of w10 from w8.1

I am trying to activate by phone on my w8.1 computer so that I can install w10 but I can't find out how. Can anybody help?

:)

BarryCQ, Sep 11, 2022
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Now that W10 is out, are you a W7 / W8 refusenik?

Thanks, when W7 becomes in effect obsolete, I will upgrade to W8, when that is gone I will upgrade to an Android tablet and play candy crush all day in retirement *Big Grin activation of w10 from w8.1 :D

Tatty_One, Sep 11, 2022
  3. Ithanul Win User
    Now that W10 is out, are you a W7 / W8 refusenik?

You can probably install over if you got all your data backed up. Then do upgrade option. Also a good thing to do would probably make a image of the OS for backup.

Ithanul, Sep 11, 2022
  4. fromnj Win User

Is my sandisk ultra usb 3.0 flash drive compatible w W10 although W8 is highest listed?

Is my sandisk ultra usb 3.0 flash drive compatible w W10 although W8 is highest listed?

fromnj, Sep 11, 2022
Thema:

1. activation of w10 from w8.1 - Similar Threads - activation w10

2. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...: Q2: I understood that W11 Home edition would not permit activation 0f Bitlocker but it seemed to be available. If I have activated it, can I de-activate, uninstall? And will that remove the need to install KB5034441???? I do not have the skills to do this and did not I needed...
  3. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...: Q2: I understood that W11 Home edition would not permit activation 0f Bitlocker but it seemed to be available. If I have activated it, can I de-activate, uninstall? And will that remove the need to install KB5034441???? I do not have the skills to do this and did not I needed...
  4. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you activate W11 on a new device blank SSD using a W10 OEM key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you activate W11 on a new device blank SSD using a W10 OEM key?: I know you can't go from W10 to W10 on another device, but if you haven't upgraded to Windows 11 on the old device, can you do this, or do you have to request a new one? I'm going from one laptop to another with a blank SSD....
  6. Can you activate W11 on a new device blank SSD using a W10 OEM key?

Can you activate W11 on a new device blank SSD using a W10 OEM key?: I know you can't go from W10 to W10 on another device, but if you haven't upgraded to Windows 11 on the old device, can you do this, or do you have to request a new one? I'm going from one laptop to another with a blank SSD....
  7. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  8. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 activation: I have to let my laptop be fixed and while I'm doing that I am having trouble activating windows. I tried to use troubleshooter but it won't work. I asked the same problem before and gave me the steps to do in troubleshooter. I cannot find a way to talk to someone instead of...
  9. W10 activation

10. W10 activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 activation: I have upgraded and changed my mother board and when I open it, there is a watermark for activation. I tried to activate and do trinoubleshoot but it seems that it doesn't connect....