Windows 10: Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox

Discus and support Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I bought a refurbished laptop with a licenced installation of Windows 10 - there is a Preinstalled Software Licence in the BIOS. I then did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Beanysteve, May 22, 2020.

1. Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox

Hello

I bought a refurbished laptop with a licenced installation of Windows 10 - there is a Preinstalled Software Licence in the BIOS. I then did a clean install of Linux and installed Win 10 in VirtualBox from an ISO downloaded from the Microsoft site. The installation works fine, but I can not activate it and am being asked to purchase Win 10.

Does anyone have an idea about how I can solve this issue, please?

Kind regards

Steve

:)

Beanysteve, May 22, 2020

2. Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

Hi, I had a Win 7 which I've upgraded to Win 10 and inside that Win 10 I've instaled virtualbox with win 10 technical preview to see what's comming next. Not long ago I've bought ssd and I've done clean installation and because motherboard and cpu was
    the same there was no problem with Win 10 activation. But the problem is with Win 10 on virtualbox where troubleshooter claims that there was a hardware changes and i cannot activate that system. I alsow did clean install on virtualbox and still nothing

MarcinFelkowski, May 22, 2020
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

The host Windows 10 licence is different to the guest (virtual) licence. When you changed to the SSD then the host licence didn't change because you were using the same hardware. (motherboard)

What you needed to do is save the virtual machine and transfer it to the SSD after you had installed Windows 10 and VirtualBox. (C:\Users\account_name\VirtualBox VMs\Win 10) Win 10 folder depends on what you called your virtual Windows 10 install and you
    have to Show hidden files to view the folder, you will see a file name ending in .vbox. (also view file extension is required)

With any luck once this VM file is transferred to the new install of VirtualBox, same folder location, on the SSD you will be able to use this
    machine to attach your hard drives and Windows 10 Insider Preview will be activated.

Currently your Insider Preview is installed on a new machine so the activation troubleshooter is correct. Once you have copied over the old VM activation will be automatic, as it was with the host licence. If you can't do this because you no longer have
    Windows 10 on the old drive then you have lost the licence, the original preview licences cannot be transferred.

neilpzz, May 22, 2020
  4. Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox

Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

The main system is activated but the system on virtualbox isn't

MarcinFelkowski, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox

1. Activation of Win 10 after installing in VirtualBox - Similar Threads - Activation installing VirtualBox

2. after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated: my win 10 is activated,,,,,, when I used win 11 installer and installed win 11 it is now not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-win-11-from-win-10-activated-win/9aae2db1-4e7a-4a9e-9abc-b986027f3e7d
  3. after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after installing win 11 from win 10 activated , win 11 is now not activated: my win 10 is activated,,,,,, when I used win 11 installer and installed win 11 it is now not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-win-11-from-win-10-activated-win/9aae2db1-4e7a-4a9e-9abc-b986027f3e7d
  4. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation after a re-install.: I needed to replace the HDD and Memory of a desktop Dell computer.I know that the license of the WIN 7 Pro now WIN 10 is embedded in the machine. Why is it that when the OS was reinstalled, the license did not get activated automatically. I tried to enter the license through...
  5. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 activation after a re-install.: I needed to replace the HDD and Memory of a desktop Dell computer.I know that the license of the WIN 7 Pro now WIN 10 is embedded in the machine. Why is it that when the OS was reinstalled, the license did not get activated automatically. I tried to enter the license through...
  6. Win 10 activation after a re-install.

7. SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox: I had installed VirtualBox and was running Ubuntu on it. As soon as I closed the virtual machine, I was hit with the BSOD with stop code: SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR.I was tweaking the RAM and core usage on it for a few hours. In the end when I had assigned it 4 cores out of 12 and...
  8. SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox

SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox: I had installed VirtualBox and was running Ubuntu on it. As soon as I closed the virtual machine, I was hit with the BSOD with stop code: SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR.I was tweaking the RAM and core usage on it for a few hours. In the end when I had assigned it 4 cores out of 12 and...
  9. Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

Win 10 activation on Virtualbox: Hi, I had a Win 7 which I've upgraded to Win 10 and inside that Win 10 I've instaled virtualbox with win 10 technical preview to see what's comming next. Not long ago I've bought ssd and I've done clean installation and because motherboard and cpu was the same there was no...
  10. Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest

Activate Windows 10 installed on notebook after being activated in a virtualbox guest: I have bought my new notebook a few weeks ago with an OEM Windows 10 Home version. As the machine came with Ubuntu Linux preinstalled and I had some free time near holidays I thougt why not give Linux a shot? I was playing around while I had to do some urgent work (on Windows...