Windows 10: activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

Discus and support activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hello 10ers! i have tablet running win 10 and a licence for it too. win 10 home is preinstalled on my device. i just need to enter the code off my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by laxmanstretch, Dec 3, 2015.

1. activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

hello 10ers!

i have tablet running win 10 and a licence for it too. win 10 home is preinstalled on my device. i just need to enter the code off my licence to activate it.

however, i have a full licence on the way to me for win 10 pro.

can i activate my win 10 home preinstall using a win 10 pro key and will it update to win 10 pro? or will my install only accept a home key?

i was hoping to avoid deleting win 10 home, then fully reinstaling win 10 pro.

cheers

james

:)

laxmanstretch, Dec 3, 2015
  2. S.K. LAM Win User

How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

It means there is no way for Win 10 Pro downgrade to Win 10 home (upgrade from Win 7 Home) unless I reinstall the win 7 home then upgrade to win 10 home?

If I do the clean install of that PC installed Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home (upgraded from Win 7 Home) and skipped the inserting key steps then connect internet, will my PC activate automatically for Win 10 Home or Win 10 Pro?

S.K. LAM, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Vee Insom Win User
    Upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro, keep win 10 home activation key for VM?

My current OS is Win 10 home, upgraded from win 8.1. It is an OEM installation.

I have the activation key saved in a safe place.

I also have a vmware vm running the same OS (win 10 home) with the same

activation key (yes, I know that won't work for the long term as the vm or

guest OS requires a new activation key).

I want to upgrade the host OS to win 10 pro (via the Settings/Update &

Security/Activation/Go to Store button, while still being able to use the

guest OS (win 10 home) and original activation key. Is this possible?

My fear is the original activation key for win 10 home will be nullified.

End result, win 10 pro as host OS, win 10 home as guest OS, TWO LEGAL keys.

Note: I already created a win 10 home ISO and USB drive using the

MediaCreationToolx64.

Thanks for your time.

Vee Insom, Dec 3, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

Kari, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key

1. activation of win 10 home with a win 10 pro key - Similar Threads - activation home pro

2. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  3. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  4. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  6. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  7. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home

Win 10 Pro to Win 10 Home: I have an old PC loaded with Win 10 Pro. As I cannot increase the RAM on this PC, I'd like to move to Win 10 Home. Is it possible with this license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-to-win-10-home/090c2436-3600-4f0d-8068-55f8030bddfe
  9. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  10. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601