Windows 10: Activation of Win Key to change hardware?

Discus and support Activation of Win Key to change hardware? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, I changed my mainboard and CPU yesterday and now I have the following problem. My Windows Key is not recognized. (win 10) Have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Untouchable66, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Activation of Win Key to change hardware?

Hey,

I changed my mainboard and CPU yesterday and now I have the following problem. My Windows Key is not recognized. (win 10)

Have tried to reactivate it, these are the steps in the settings menu:

Troubleshooting > I recently changed my hardware > then my Win key is displayed > I select it > click activate > then this happens:

"Windows cannot be activated. Your copy of Windows cannot be activated because the digital license for this device has already been used to reactivate Windows".

What does that mean exactly?

:)

Untouchable66, Jul 10, 2020
  2. INSTG8R Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

Well if you go Control Panel/System you can change the key from there as well.If I recall it did have the key already there from the first one so I had to change it before I activated it.
    But I only used one disk to install it on both systems they were both Win 7 Pro OEM.

INSTG8R, Jul 10, 2020
  3. win 7 oem to win 10 free upgrade, install wants key. win 7 key does not work.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Tartaros Win User

Activation of Win Key to change hardware?

activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Activation of Win Key to change hardware?

1. Activation of Win Key to change hardware? - Similar Threads - Activation Key change

2. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change: I switched my hard drive for one of those new shiny SSDs. Little did I know that MS needs to be informed before such a change. Now windows is no longer activated and won't reactivate through my account. I do I get windows activated again? Nothing I've seen on the web pages...
  3. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change: I switched my hard drive for one of those new shiny SSDs. Little did I know that MS needs to be informed before such a change. Now windows is no longer activated and won't reactivate through my account. I do I get windows activated again? Nothing I've seen on the web pages...
  4. Win 10 Activation After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10 activation after hardware change

Win 10 activation after hardware change: What i need to do afer changing motherboard and processor to get rid of error 0xC004F211?I used Troubleshoot tool, but the output was "We werent able to activate Windows on this device", then i pressed "I recently changed hardware on this device" and got that:"Unable to...
  6. Win 10 activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 activation after hardware change: What i need to do afer changing motherboard and processor to get rid of error 0xC004F211?I used Troubleshoot tool, but the output was "We werent able to activate Windows on this device", then i pressed "I recently changed hardware on this device" and got that:"Unable to...
  7. Win 10 activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Changed hardware - lost activation key

Changed hardware - lost activation key: Hello, Hope someone can assist. My computer suddenly stopped working after running a Windows update. I had isolated the issue to a fried motherboard. Got a new motherboard, cpu, memory etc. Got everything up and running and now I have an issue with needing to activate...
  9. win 10 activation after hardware change

win 10 activation after hardware change: Hello, Upgraded my PC for Christmas, everything new, except SSD HD, created a USB repair stick from SSD to load a new larger HD, installed fine but will not activate, originally had win 7 family pack and did the free win 10 upgrade, tried changing the key using the...
  10. Win 10 activation after hardware changes.

Win 10 activation after hardware changes.: I have two Windows 10 Pro machines. One was an HP Pavilion Slimline S3714UK, 4GB RAM, E8400 CPU, Nvidia chipset. The other, an HP DC5800SFF, 8GB RAM, E8400, Intel Q33 chipset. Yesterday, I received an HP 600 Pro SFF machine to replace the DC5800 as main box. The 5800 then...