Windows 10: Activation of Windows 10 after change of phone number.

Discus and support Activation of Windows 10 after change of phone number. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, this is for Microsoft management I think. I just changed my phone number and Microsoft has locked me out from accessing my details. Fair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Robert GMay, May 29, 2021.

1. Activation of Windows 10 after change of phone number.

Hi there, this is for Microsoft management I think. I just changed my phone number and Microsoft has locked me out from accessing my details. Fair enough, sort of. But this week I am doing a new PC build and want to know if the locking out of my details is going to interfere with the activation of my new PC build when putting in my details, that never asks for my phone number only my email during the windows installation process? Thank you, Robert.

:)

Robert GMay, May 29, 2021
  2. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically it should not activate if its a upgrade from an OEM license. But if you follow the phone automated number sequence hopefully it will work.

Windows 10 is tied to your hardware and you cannot upgrade a motherboard on an OEM license. (but it works with the phone activation) you can only replace the board with an identical board.

Jetster, May 29, 2021
  3. Microsofts Activation services phone #?

So I had an old rig that was running a RETAIL version of Win XP Home. Well the thing died. I want to use the product key from that old machine to do a win 7 upgrade, however, I cannot seem to find Microsoft's support number anywhere on their site, instead it redirects me to a page and here's what it says:

Well guess freakin what, THE COMPUTER IS DEAD, THEREFORE I CAN NOT DO ANY OF THOSE DAMN THINGS!!!!!!! *Bang Head :banghead:

This is seriously getting on my nerves!

Even googling it takes me to the same place. Does anyone have the number for their "Activation services" department?

BlackOmega, May 29, 2021
  4. Activation of Windows 10 after change of phone number.

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Windows 10 activation after a motherboard change. Ideally, if you have signed in with the same Microsoft account before
    the changes made, then as per digital licensing policy Windows 10 PC gets activated after running the activation troubleshooter.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Did you upgrade the PC to Windows 10 or it came preinstalled with Windows 10?

• Do you have the Product key?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer the steps as mentioned in this article:

Activate Windows 10

Get help with Windows activation
    errors

We would suggest you to get in touch with our Activation team and they will help you with the issue. Please refer the article

Global Customer Service phone numbers
    to get the Customer support number as per your country or contact our
    Chat support team from the PC. Once you click on Contact support, a virtual agent will chat. Explain the issue and ask for a representative for consulting the issue.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Activation of Windows 10 after change of phone number.

1. Activation of Windows 10 after change of phone number. - Similar Threads - Activation change phone

2. Change phone number

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change phone number: want to change phone number on my account as i cant verify passwords cause its an old phone number no longer have access to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-phone-number/4e0182a9-a16c-4f5b-8285-9f95e68cdd97
  3. Change phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change phone number: want to change phone number on my account as i cant verify passwords cause its an old phone number no longer have access to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-phone-number/4e0182a9-a16c-4f5b-8285-9f95e68cdd97
  4. Change phone number

Change phone number: I need to change my old number on my account to my current number I lost the other phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-phone-number/52a074a7-0347-415e-950c-65ba05091af8
  5. Change phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change phone number: Please change to new phone number 250.937.0766 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-phone-number/035cbe74-1056-480a-845d-95b38e1eef13
  6. Change phone number

Change phone number: Please change to new phone number 250.937.0766 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-phone-number/035cbe74-1056-480a-845d-95b38e1eef13
  7. Phone number change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone number change: I had to log in again on my laptop after an update, but it asked to send a message to my old phone number which I don’t own anymore. Instead I went to change my phone number, but now I have to wait 30 days before I can log in again on my laptop. Long story short, I can’t...
  8. Changing a Phone number?

Changing a Phone number?: ALright. So I have been trying for 14 hours now to fix this problem, and am more than frustrated with how microsoft support is run. just the other day, I had some bank issues, and made a few phonecalls and got everything sorted it. it was stressful, and a bit time consuming,...
  9. Phone number change

Phone number change: How do i change my phone number? To get my authentication code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-number-change/0121f6e7-39f7-404b-a223-f701503b9ea1
  10. Change phone number

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change phone number: I can't seem to find where I can change my phone number so I can reset my sons login. I recently got a new computer and I can't remember the email password for his acct. I need to reset it but the phone number Microsoft has to send the code is for my old phone. I've changed...