Windows 10: Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.

Discus and support Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My Acer laptop is as old as introduction of windows 8. When I bought it was loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. When Windows 8 was introduced, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AvinashKarnik, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.

Hi,

My Acer laptop is as old as introduction of windows 8. When I bought it was loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. When Windows 8 was introduced, I purchased Windows 8 pro on line & installed it. That time it was activated on line. As and when new editions were introduced I was getting upgrades & had no problems in activation.

But recently I had to change the hard disk. for replacing the I gave the laptop to Acer servicing. Unfortunately, the service center installed windows 10 pro with their volume licencing key. Now, I have started getting message as "Your activation in expiring soon".

Please, let me know how to activate the Windows 10 Pro.

1. My old Hard disk can be accessed through USB. can I retrieve the digital activation key by connecting it?

2. I have repair disk prepared with me, which was prepared 5 to 6 years back on CD ROM. Can this disk be useful for retrieving digital activation key?

3. If not by 1 or 2, any other method such as contacting Microsoft server center, or any other method.

3. If not by 1 or 2 or 3, can I buy only activation key which I suppose is cheaper than buying complete Windows 10 Pro Software?

Thanks,

Avinash Karnik

INDIA

:)

AvinashKarnik, Jul 8, 2019

2. Windows activation, problem anticipation...

I bought a hard-disk to replace the faulty one in my Pentium 4 rig, which has OEM XP Home.

Now the last time I did a clean XP install I had to call MS and they gave me automated numbers to input to re-activate.

Just in case, that this time I have to speak to a human, will they be accepting to re-activate if I tell them (the truth) that I have changed the hard disk?

Or would you suggest something else? *Oh Well Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk. :eek:hwell:

Thank you.

Black Panther, Jul 8, 2019
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 8, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk. [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk.

1. Activation of Windows 10 after changing Hard disk. - Similar Threads - Activation changing Hard

2. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  3. windows activation after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows activation after hard disk change: Hi there, I am trying to change expand my Hard disk space so I got a new SSD I tried installing windows 11 pro and activate it through my Microsoft store account It's not activating it so I am back to my old hard disk. if anyone can help with issues, I really appreciate...
  4. how re activating windows after changing hard disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how re activating windows after changing hard disk: HI,I purchased a laptop with windows 7 Home Prem OA. after that I upgraded it to win 10. Six months ago I changed my systems hard disk. the technician changed hard disk and re installed windows 10. but last few days a massage appearing on screen is "Your windows will expiring...
  5. Not able to activate Windows 10 Home version after change in hardware Hard Disk Crash

Not able to activate Windows 10 Home version after change in hardware Hard Disk Crash: Hello everyone!Around 2011, I had purchased a HP42 series laptop with Window 7 pre-loaded and having a valid license key, which is available with me. I opted for a free upgrade to Windows 10 offered by Microsoft during the initial days of launch. I didn't bother to note down...
  6. Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change

Windows Activation After a Hard Disk Change: Today I got my hard disk changed and cannot activate Windows 10 after that. I get the error code 0xC004F213 although my device is seemingly connected to my Microsoft account. I tried to re-enter the product key but the key on the CD I got from the retailer doesn't work - it...
  7. Reactivation after change of hard disk

Reactivation after change of hard disk: Hello Everyone! I have a question. I didn't use my laptop for almost 2 years and seems like the hard disk can't be use anymore. I change the hard disk and try to reactivate Windows 10 on the same device. Windows reported that there is no product key was found on my device....
  8. window activation after hard disk change

window activation after hard disk change: i have just recently upgraded to SSD fro HDD and my and the service provider has install window 10 pro Not activated but i have digital license for window 10 home.So now window is not activated. how can i downgrade my window pro ta home...
  9. Windows 10 activation after changing hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 activation after changing hard drive: The hard drive broke down a few months ago.This PC had a license bound to this PC. I gave the PC to the service center and they changed the hard drive. Since that moment I have been facing issues with Windows activation - the system requires that I activate the Windows 10...
  10. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows after hard disk change: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 activation change boot disk

2. changed hard drive windows 10 activation