Windows 10: Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account

Discus and support Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear colleagues, We recently ordered our CSP 3 MS 365 E5 licenses for testing together. As I understand it, this license "activates" Windows 10 Ent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Marcelo.Magalhães, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account

Dear colleagues,

We recently ordered our CSP 3 MS 365 E5 licenses for testing together.

As I understand it, this license "activates" Windows 10 Ent on a notebook already running Windows 10 Pro, right? But for this activation to work we must have Windows 10 Pro configured to use Azure AD and not the local domain we have, right? So as I understand it, I will have to remove the notebook from the domain and use my user's account at O365 to create my profile and thus activate Windows 210 Ent. That's right?

Live long and prosper,
    Marcelo Magalhães
    Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brazil

:)

Marcelo.Magalhães, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account :(

Zakin, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account

1. Activation of Windows 10 Ent in Microsoft 365 E5 account - Similar Threads - Activation Ent Microsoft

2. Is it Possible to activated windows 10/11 by Microsoft 365 subscription E3/E5/F3/A3

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it Possible to activated windows 10/11 by Microsoft 365 subscription E3/E5/F3/A3: Hi All, I need to know if it's possible to activated windows 10 by Microsoft 365 license. As per Windows 10/11 Subscription Activation article, It should work, but practically I tried to activated windows by windows autopilot enrollment By M365 F3, subscriptions was active...
  3. Windows 10 activation by Microsoft 365 A3 student account

Windows 10 activation by Microsoft 365 A3 student account: I'm using windows 11 pro. Today, our university gave us Microsoft 365 A3 subscription which includes windows 10 enterprise subscription. Now, I want to convert windows 11 pro to 10 or 11 enterprise or education. But, I cannot find any way of doing it.How to change windows...
  4. Activation via E5 license

Activation via E5 license: Hi, Is there any way to activate a windows 10 enterprise using azure AD join and e5 license even though the machine you used doesn't have any firmware embedded activation key? I got the right E5 license and the machine is join via azure ad join. But it won't allow me to...
  5. Activating Windows 10 ent Evaluation edition to Enterprise

Activating Windows 10 ent Evaluation edition to Enterprise: I have used an evaluation copy of W10 Ent. to deploy via SCCM, and deployed in around 300 Machines. I have got MAK and KMS key, is there anyway I can activate my License to Enterprise Edition without rebuilding the PC's....
  6. Microsoft 365 account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft 365 account: How do I remove a connected Microsoft 365 family account from my computer? I am not the administrator. The administrator profile has a separate profile on my computer but the documents and information are mine. In "Locate my computer", the administrator's computer is seen...
  7. Microsoft 365 account and Windows 10 login account conflict.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 365 account and Windows 10 login account conflict.: My client having a company having a website say for www.yy.com bought a Windows 10 a few months back and the set up the Windows 10 login with an email say for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Now few months later they bought Micrososft 365 mail services for...
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise E5 Activation

Windows 10 Enterprise E5 Activation: Hi all, Is it possible to activate a non digital licensed Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, just with an E5 subscription? Or it is required to already have a digital license of Pro or Enterprise. Thanks, Granit....
  9. Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro: Microsoft 365 Business (not Office 365, but M365) still includes a subscription to Windows 10 Pro, right?? The M365 Plans page had previously shown that the "Business" version included a license to both the Office Products and Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the licenses,...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 7 Ent. to Windows 10 Ent.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Ent. to Windows 10 Ent.: Hi! I work in a company where we use domain based workstations and computer class PC which are also domain based. What would be my best option to upgrade 20-30 workstations to Windows 10 Enterprise from Windows 7 Enterprise without having to formate ? 55222