Windows 10: Activation of windows 10 failed after updation

Discus and support Activation of windows 10 failed after updation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Support, I purchased Halo CE anniversary edition today. When I tried to install it, it said I have to update windows 10 to the latest version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TonyThomas8, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Activation of windows 10 failed after updation

Dear Support,

I purchased Halo CE anniversary edition today. When I tried to install it, it said I have to update windows 10 to the latest version. It took a long time to get the update process complete. When I restarted, the windows screen went black and I was unable to set a background. It says I need to activate Windows to change the background. My Windows 10 was activated before update. It was the default OS when I bought it. The device is Acer. I searched the net for a solution and I found that trouble shoot could help. I did a trouble shoot and I got this message.

" We found a Windows 10 Home Single Language digital license for this device running Windows 10 Home Single Language. To activate using this digital license, you need to install Windows 10 Home Single Language."

If I am running Windows 10 Home Single Language, why should Windows troubleshoot want me too install Windows 10 Home Single Language again to activate the digital license for Windows 10 Home Single Language.

I am getting confused , a day got really wasted... Please help.

Thank you,

Tony Thomas

:)

TonyThomas8, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

Activation of windows 10 failed after updation [​IMG]

Activation of windows 10 failed after updation [​IMG]

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Jul 30, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Activation of windows 10 failed after updation

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Activation of windows 10 failed after updation

1. Activation of windows 10 failed after updation - Similar Threads - Activation failed updation

2. Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail: Windows activation error 0x80070002 so i was trying to update my hp pavillion x360 but the think the update was not successful and now my windows is deactivated, the error code it shows in the windows activation section is 0x80070002, right now i dont see the option of start...
  3. Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation error 0x80070002 after update fail: Windows activation error 0x80070002 so i was trying to update my hp pavillion x360 but the think the update was not successful and now my windows is deactivated, the error code it shows in the windows activation section is 0x80070002, right now i dont see the option of start...
  4. Windows activation fails after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation fails after BIOS update: After doing an automatic critical Dell BIOS update the Windows activation fails, troubleshooting fails and Microsoft Store prompts to purchase a new license. It is an 8th gen Intel machine and Windows should still be active.Office is also failing to...
  5. Windows 10 activation after hardware change failed

Windows 10 activation after hardware change failed: Linked digital code with Microsoft account, when changed hardware and tried to re-activate was unable to activate windows: We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later....
  6. Windows 10 fails to activate after hardware change.

Windows 10 fails to activate after hardware change.: I recently did a complete computer rebuild, and just after activating Windows on my computer the KB4524147 hit my computer, and turned it into a high tech toaster and completely bricked it. BIOS wouldn't even recognize my SSD that it was installed on. So after re-flashing my...
  7. Windows activation has failed after 1903 update

Windows activation has failed after 1903 update: Hi I have a Dell PC and it has the built in activation code on the mother board. After the latest update the activation status has changed from activated to activate windows. But whatever I try I can't get it to activate. I have tried the activation troubleshooter and that...
  8. Activation failed after updating to window 10 version 1903

Activation failed after updating to window 10 version 1903: After installing latest window 10 update which is 1903 may activation get faileg and showing error and further asking for troubleshooting whenever i click on troubleshoot it ask for upgrade window and then i click next now it showing 0% and get restarted ..... What should i...
  9. windows activation fails after update

windows activation fails after update: After i updated my windows 10 to (1803) version, windows shows that " windows isn't activated activate windows now" . when i enter the activation page it remains blank . windows came preinstalled in my lap . i tried suggested commands from online but none works . what can i...
  10. Windows 10 activation failed after last insiders update

Windows 10 activation failed after last insiders update: Hello I am a member of the Windows 10 insider program in the fast ring. After the last insider build (18272), my activation license is treated as invalid from window, and as a result I get a message at the corner of my screen asking me to activate windows- more that that,...