Windows 10: Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7

Discus and support Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just got a new ssd to replace my old had and installed it in my Sony vaio and installed windows 10 with my USB bootable drive. I tried to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sethfingalsen, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7

I just got a new ssd to replace my old had and installed it in my Sony vaio and installed windows 10 with my USB bootable drive. I tried to activate using the original product key under the battery on the vaio for windows 7 premium and it says servers aren't available right now. Is the key i used the correct one when upgrading?

:)

sethfingalsen, Oct 11, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7

1. Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7 - Similar Threads - Activation home upgrade

2. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?: I have just upgraded an old PC in my office from Windows 7 Home Basic to Windows 10. But then the Windows have become not activated. Previously before the upgrade, my Windows 7 Home Basic was active. When I tried to activate Windows 10, it gave me the error code 0xC004F213....
  3. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?: I have just upgraded an old PC in my office from Windows 7 Home Basic to Windows 10. But then the Windows have become not activated. Previously before the upgrade, my Windows 7 Home Basic was active. When I tried to activate Windows 10, it gave me the error code 0xC004F213....
  4. Why is Windows 10 not activated after upgraded from Windows 7 Home Basic?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  6. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  7. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7

Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7: HI All, i working as IT Manager for Hospitality group, i had few computers (7) got update issue with windows 7 so i have restore them from the image then i have upgrade them using the upgrade DVD to win 10, but all of them did not get activated, in the other side i have...
  9. ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7

ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CANT USE MY PRODUCT KEY FROM WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 PRO FREE UPGRADE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-after-free-upgrading-from/282f861b-a36d-44c6-9b73-f0e32f2e5453"
  10. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home: Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up. I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for...