Windows 10: Activation of windows 10 home on a new device

Discus and support Activation of windows 10 home on a new device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently built a rig for myself, and im having trouble migrating the installation from my old laptopwhich came with a digital license. Im using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bob------, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Bob------ Win User

Activation of windows 10 home on a new device

I recently built a rig for myself, and im having trouble migrating the installation from my old laptopwhich came with a digital license. Im using the same Microsoft account for on both computers, but it still says "Activate Windows: Go to settings to activate windows" when I do go there It claims it cant connect to the internet and to contact the administrators for help.

:)

Bob------, Jul 23, 2020
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Activation of windows 10 home on a new device [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 3, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Activation of windows 10 home on a new device - Similar Threads - Activation home device

2. Can't activate windows 10 pro on a new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate windows 10 pro on a new device: Hello Everyone!This is my story:After many years of using my laptop I've built a new PC.My laptop runs a valid windows 10 pro which I got after a free upgrade for a valid win 8.1.This means I have a digital license onlyI've used the media creator and installed win 10, but the...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Home on a new Hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Home on a new Hard drive: I installed a new hard drive. Now my windows 10 Home will not activate. According to my old drive "Windows 10 Home is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." With the new Hard Drive I get the following message: "We found a Windows 10 digital...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 Home on new PC

Cannot activate Windows 10 Home on new PC: I recently built a new PC. I've tried activating Windows 10 Home on it to no avail. I purchased Windows 10 Home directly from the Microsoft store in 2018. Everything I've read has said I should be able to transfer the license to this new PC, but I cannot figure out how. I...
  5. Unable to activate windows 10 on a new device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to activate windows 10 on a new device: Hello, I changed my pc to a new one, I am trying now to activate a new fresh installation of windows on my new pc, I linked the activation to this Microsoft account however I cannot activate it still. I don't have the original product key anymore as it is supposed to be...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 home on a new build.

Unable to activate Windows 10 home on a new build.: I just finished a new build and Windows will not activate. I purchased Windows 10 home USB with a key card. I have tried several times to activate but keep getting an error message that "We weren't able to activate windows on this device" I ran window update several times and...
  7. Cant activate Windows 10 Pro on new device

Cant activate Windows 10 Pro on new device: On my old laptop I have installed windows 10 pro, recently I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. Because I no longer using my old device and I need Windows 10 Pro features I decided to reinstall windows on my new laptop with account I have on old laptop. I...
  8. windows 10 activation new device

windows 10 activation new device: hi, I'm struggling to activate windows 10 on a new laptop device please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-new-device/13e3f89e-8139-43e0-82b6-7d9c61c4c638
  9. Windows 10 activation on new device

Windows 10 activation on new device: So i bought a new device and would like to use the old windows key to activate it, yes i checked an i can do that with my key. how exactly do i remove it from my old device so it can be used in the new one?...
  10. Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key

Activating Windows 10 On A New Device, No Key: Hi, I recently bought a new computer, and I am trying to migrate from my old computer to this new one. I own a copy of Windows 10 Education Edition, registered with my Microsoft account, but I lost the product key. I installed the appropriate Windows version on my new...