Windows 10: Activation of Windows 10 without future phoning home

Discus and support Activation of Windows 10 without future phoning home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm working for an organization that wants to rollout PCs in bulk to remote locations. Those remote locations have very low bandwidth, poor internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zamrod, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Zamrod Win User

Activation of Windows 10 without future phoning home

I'm working for an organization that wants to rollout PCs in bulk to remote locations. Those remote locations have very low bandwidth, poor internet connections and extra costs on data transfers. We pretty much have to assume they don't have internet and when they do have internet, we don't want them to use it whenever possible.

From what I understand, we've had issues in the past with Windows 10 machines becoming deactivated because Windows 10 "phones home" periodically to make sure its key is still valid and if it fails to contact Microsoft for long enough it removes the activation.

I've done a lot of searching and I can't seem to find any documentation that says what I've been told is true.

The organization has taken to working around this issue by activating Windows 10 only while the network cable is physically disconnected from the PC and then using the website for manual activation. I've been told that as long as it does not have internet access when Windows 10 is activated then it will never try to phone home in the future.

Unfortunately, I've been tasked with speeding up the process of imaging these machines and getting them out the door quicker. The process of manually registering both Windows 10 and Office through the website is time consuming when we could be automatically activating them through the internet.

So my question is: Is what I've been told correct? If so, is there a way to prevent Windows 10 from "phoning home" that doesn't involve manually activating these PCs through the web?

:)

Zamrod, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 12, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Activation of Windows 10 without future phoning home

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Activation of Windows 10 without future phoning home

1. Activation of Windows 10 without future phoning home - Similar Threads - Activation without future

2. Will it be possible in future, to switch between devices in phone link app without having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will it be possible in future, to switch between devices in phone link app without having...: I use multiple devices and would like to have access to them all at the same time. That would be ideal. But I imagine that'd be a hell to code and make the app listen to 2+ phones simultaneously would pose another problem that would cost more to solve than you would make on...
  3. Will it be possible in future, to switch between devices in phone link app without having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will it be possible in future, to switch between devices in phone link app without having...: I use multiple devices and would like to have access to them all at the same time. That would be ideal. But I imagine that'd be a hell to code and make the app listen to 2+ phones simultaneously would pose another problem that would cost more to solve than you would make on...
  4. How to activate Window 10 Pro Key Offline without Phone Call?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Window 10 Pro Key Offline without Phone Call?: Hi I'm Nawraj, I try to activate offline without phone call because I have lot to activate but cannot activate window key can Microsoft suggest me how to activate Window 10 key without phone call....
  5. How to activate Window 10 Pro Key Offline without Phone Call?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate Window 10 Pro Key Offline without Phone Call?: Hi I'm Nawraj, I try to activate offline without phone call because I have lot to activate but cannot activate window key can Microsoft suggest me how to activate Window 10 key without phone call....
  6. Windows Activation from home without a KMS Server

Windows Activation from home without a KMS Server: At work, we use a KMS server to activate windows for staff. Since the pandemic, they have been working from home but window devices are now requiring an activation key from the KMS server. Is there a way Windows can Activate from home without a KMS Server?...
  7. Windows 10 Home activated without any license

Windows 10 Home activated without any license: The picture above is my new installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit.I went through the setup I create a new Microsoft account and Windows was not asking for product key.I was shock when my Windows is activated with digital license linked to my new account.My question:1. Is my...
  8. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated) without data loss?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated) without data loss?: Hi! I'm currently running Windows 10 Home. It came with this laptop activated by the OEM (Dell in my case, but that doesn't really matter). Is there any way I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and leave it non-activated without losing any data? If there's no way to do that I...
  9. Windows 10 activation without internet OR phone

Windows 10 activation without internet OR phone: I have secure laptops with Windows 10. No internet. I tried the phone connection path but the machine said I can't activate that way. How can I activate Windows 10 without the internet OR the phone?...
  10. Future potential Windows activation trouble

Future potential Windows activation trouble: I was looking to buy a laptop that comes with a slow hard drive, and I want to buy a faster drive to replace it. Assuming that hardware conflicts are not an issue (I have researched and verified that the drive will work), will I be able to have activated Windows on the new...