Windows 10: Activation of WIndows on a New Virtual Disk

Discus and support Activation of WIndows on a New Virtual Disk in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed Windows on two virtual disks previously. I backed up on of them and attempted to restore it but the restoration failed. It may be the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevinHandy, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Activation of WIndows on a New Virtual Disk

I installed Windows on two virtual disks previously. I backed up on of them and attempted to restore it but the restoration failed. It may be the file is corrupt. The key appears to be assigned to two virtual disks. When I attempted to trace the problem i was able to see that. But I don't have access to either of those virtual disks. I simply need a working key so I can activate on a new Parallels virtual disk. I purchased the Windows 10 license. I have the USB drive and the card with they on it but it will not work.

How do I resolve this issue?

:)

KevinHandy, Apr 4, 2021

2. Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Sidney S Win User
    Virtual Disk

Hello

I am Sidney, an independent Microsoft expert, and also a customer just like you. I will try to help you resolving your issue.

Be aware that everything inside your virtual disk will be deleted.

In order to delete a virtual disk , you will need to:

- press Window + R at the same time

- Execute ‘diskmgmt.msc’ and click OK

- The Disk Management window will open

- Please right-click on the virtual disk listed in the Volume column (your 10 Gb drive)

Then you can extend your main disk so that it uses the new allocated space.

Best,

Sidney

Sidney S, Apr 4, 2021
  4. alphabare Win User

Activation of WIndows on a New Virtual Disk

Virtual disk service wont start

Worked the first time i tried it then after closing the application and trying to start again the disk service would not start anymore.

alphabare, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Activation of WIndows on a New Virtual Disk

1. Activation of WIndows on a New Virtual Disk - Similar Threads - Activation Virtual Disk

2. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Disk: What is Virtual Disk ? how does it relate to a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/6cadb439-5fb2-4b95-bbdf-3de2d6e75c0a
  3. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk: What is Virtual Disk ? how does it relate to a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/6cadb439-5fb2-4b95-bbdf-3de2d6e75c0a
  4. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Virtual Disk: I found a "Microsoft Virtual Disk" connected in Disk Drives in Device Manager. I did not set this up and am wondering how it attached. I also recieved notification about disk space but thought nothing of it until I saw the connected virtual drive. Can someone please explain...
  6. Mystery Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery Virtual Disk: I've got a mystery virtual disk and I have no idea what it is, where it is or where it came from. I can see it in Device Manager, I can see it in Intel SSD toolbox, but there's nothing in Disk Management. I've unhidden empty drives and files too. [img] [img] [img] 159690
  7. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Disk: Good day. I have created a 10GB virtual disk in disk management and would like to reassign it back to my hard disk. Thank you for your help and reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/1d29f5f3-4f7f-4133-8356-6f254ff1c690
  8. Virtual disk

Virtual disk: Hello there, Recently I came to know that we can increase the hard disk storage up to 64 TB no matter how much is our real disk space. I followed the procedure and got 2 TB. I didn`t get how that is possible? Does it really mean that now my hard disk storage is 2.5 TB?...
  9. Activating Windows on a new Hard Drive Disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows on a new Hard Drive Disk: Recently, my computer stopped booting and I found out the HDD was busted. I got a new (blank) one and I'm gonna be installing win10 on it, but I'm worried about activating it. Will I have to buy it? I doubt I can find my original key (my computer came with windows on it from...
  10. virtual disk manager

virtual disk manager: i just upgraded to a samsung ssd on my lenovo t580. when i try to create a new simple volume it gives me this error. (disk 1 is my old hdd plugged in through a usb cable). i would prefer to merge the unallocated space with the C: drive, but that does not appear to be possible...