Windows 10: Activation on a used computer

Discus and support Activation on a used computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a used custom made desktop (i5 4670K and Asus z97 - AR) with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated. First thing I did was a Clean Install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Megahertz, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Megahertz Win User

Activation on a used computer

I bought a used custom made desktop (i5 4670K and Asus z97 - AR) with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated.
    First thing I did was a Clean Install (Win 10 pro 1909), deleting all partitions on the drive. When I finished the installation it was activated.
    As I intend to sell the computer to a friend, how can I guaranty to the new owner that it will have Win 10 pro activated forever?
    Is there a way to retrieve more information about the license that is on it?

:)

Megahertz, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Activation on a used computer

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Activation on a used computer

1. Activation on a used computer - Similar Threads - Activation used computer

2. Activate Windows on a used computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows on a used computer: I recently purchased a used computer and there is a message on the bottom right hand side of my screen that says to go to settings to activate Windows. When I go to the activation screen in settings it says it can't connect to the organisation's activation server. I do not...
  3. I bought a used computer with Windows 10, but it won't activate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I bought a used computer with Windows 10, but it won't activate: I bought a used desktop on Ebay with Windows 10 included, but when I set it up it wasn't activated and when I tried I got error 0xc004f074. Is this common, should I return it, or what? Thanks submitted by /u/johnq1233 [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender running scan during active computer use: Windows 10 Pro with must current updates available. During use of the computer Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable begins scanning and uses an exceptional amount of resources. Using the computer becomes very slow. And Zoom meetings become very jittery which is a...
  5. Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender running scan during active computer use: Windows 10 Pro with must current updates available. During use of the computer Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable begins scanning and uses an exceptional amount of resources. Using the computer becomes very slow. And Zoom meetings become very jittery which is a...
  6. computer activity

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer activity: hi, how do i increase the time from when the computer is inactive that it goes to rest mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-activity/b437a837-2d74-4dc5-b136-d2a4c1defe66
  7. How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?: My computer died. I got a new motherboard and cpu, downloaded and installed win10pro. When I tried to activate using my win7pro upgrade product key, it didn't activate. Tried logging into my Microsoft account, that didn't work either. How can I get this activated?...
  8. Change lockscreen for all the users computer using active directory.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change lockscreen for all the users computer using active directory.: Hello dears, I'm writting here because i can't find a solution. I've been searching on google in multiple forums and other sites for a script powershell but i can't find where is my mistake. Here is my code : Import-Module ActiveDirectory $computers =...
  9. Active Directory Users And Computers – Get It And Use It

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Active Directory Users And Computers – Get It And Use It: Last Updated on April 24, 2019In this guide, we will talk about a feature available only in Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise versions: It’s Active Directory Users and Computers. This feature is originally a part of Windows Server’s Administrative Tools, but Microsoft...
  10. Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?: My laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Home has been recently stolen. I am going to build a new machine and my question is related to Windows 10. Can I transfer the license from that laptop to a new machine? I really hope that it is possible....