Windows 10: Activation on BootCamp partition on new iMac - activation fails 0xc004c060

Discus and support Activation on BootCamp partition on new iMac - activation fails 0xc004c060 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a boxed USB stick version of Windows 10 Home from Amazon two years ago, and installed it on a boot camp partition on my iMac. I've recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RichardOsmond1, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Activation on BootCamp partition on new iMac - activation fails 0xc004c060

I bought a boxed USB stick version of Windows 10 Home from Amazon two years ago, and installed it on a boot camp partition on my iMac. I've recently purchased a new iMac and so wanted to transfer the license to the new machine, again on a boot camp partition. I uninstalled the license on the old machine slmgr /upk, but when trying to activate windows using my product code on the new machine's bootcamp partition I got the error code 0xc004c060. I spoke to support who informed me that I was only allowed to activate the license 5 times, and that I had reached that limit, so I needed to buy a new license. I was also told that if I bought a software license direct from MS the activation limit was higher 10 activations.

I don't see quite how I have reached the limit, since it's only ever been on one machine and with no change of hardware, not even a memory upgrade!. The support man wasn't able to give me any details of the claimed machines it's been activated on either. He said my only recourse was to contact the original seller of the box for further activations, which given it was an Amazon reseller seemed most odd and unlikely to result in any joy.

I've also had a look here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/Useterms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm and I can't see where it says anything about there being an activation limit.

Bottom line, is there anything that can be done? I'm inclined simply to give it up as a bad job and uninstall Windows altogether if nothing can be done - no point in throwing good money after bad...

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Richard

:)

RichardOsmond1, Sep 9, 2020

2. License Activation On Apple Hardware - REINSTALL, NO BOOTCAMP

BACKGROUND:

• Purchased Windows 10 Home at Best Buy on USB stick
    • Purchase Included a Windows 10 Home Product Key
    • Installed Windows on iMac using Apple's BootCamp utility
    • Windows 10 installation resides on it's own partition
    • Runs perfect

THE PLAN:

• Reformat iMac Hard Drive as NTFS
    • Reinstall Windows 10 Home on full drive, eliminating Apple's OSX system
    • Use the iMac as a Windows machine

QUESTION:

Will I encounter any License Activation Issues? If so how do I deal with it?

southwestcoyote, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Windows Partition on iMac

I run Windows 8.1 on a partition using my iMac. My question is regarding the Windows 10 upgrade. Will I need to go through the entire process such as I did for creating the Windows 8.1 partition using Bootcamp, or can I upgrade to Windows 10 on that side
    of the partition without all of the extra steps?

mlgonzales, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Activation on BootCamp partition on new iMac - activation fails 0xc004c060

Changing active partition

I'm installing a new hard drive (just hard drives, no SSD or anything here), to use as the main Windows partition. When that's done, I want to set it as the active partition, then start moving files from the old partition. But I've never done this before. Is it really as easy as right-clicking the drive in the storage manager, setting as "active partition," and resetting? There are tutorials floating around, but seeing as I'm messing around with hard drives, I'd rather have someone's input.

AngryMerchant, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Activation on BootCamp partition on new iMac - activation fails 0xc004c060

1. Activation on BootCamp partition on new iMac - activation fails 0xc004c060 - Similar Threads - Activation BootCamp partition

2. activation de w10 0xC004C060

in Windows 10 Gaming
    activation de w10 0xC004C060: j ai un probleme d activation de windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-de-w10-0xc004c060/d5876bf9-c4ba-4688-82b7-6bf044bc9388
  3. Error Activating Windows: 0xC004C060

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Activating Windows: 0xC004C060: I purchased two copies of Windows Professional last year with the intent of building the computers. I finally have one of them together as we all know real graphics cards are hard to come by. These are legitimate license keys purchased from a legitimate source for Window 10...
  4. Windows Activation Error 0xC004C060

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Error 0xC004C060: I am currently having the following error: 0xC004C060. I purchased a digital license key and in my attempt to activate I get an error as indicated above. I ran the troubleshoot assistant but It cannot fix the error. Is there a way to force the activation to the MS...
  5. windows activation error code 0xc004c060

windows activation error code 0xc004c060: dear Sir/mod I have valid windows serial number, recently I have received notification for activate windows. after trying to activate, I have received 0xc004c060 error code. I have tried windows troubleshooting, but problem not solved yet. best regards Melisa...
  6. Activation error code 0xC004C060

Activation error code 0xC004C060: I purchased a brand new retail copy of Windows 10 Home, it came with the product key and a bootable USB stick. I already have the free version of Windows 10 installed so I simply entered the key and it doesn't work. I would rather not have to call Microsoft Support but if...
  7. Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004C060

Windows 10 Activation Error 0xC004C060: I got a new motherboard and cpu and now I get this error when I try to activate windows. When I use slmgr.vbs I get: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-error-0xc004c060/40aae494-640f-4ca9-9c03-a1d31cf07fd5"
  8. W10 activation on an iMac

W10 activation on an iMac: Hi I know HOW2 find my W10 key on a HP laptop KeyFinderInstaller I have some, simple single lines of code that will list the same value for your Windows 10 Product Key… W10 Using cmd.exe as an Administrator (copy and paste accordingly). wmic path softwarelicensingservice...
  9. Windows activation error 0xC004C060

Windows activation error 0xC004C060: Hi. I just bought a new PC with windows preinstalled. However, If I try to activate my Windows 10 PRO with my OEM key, it does not work. I get this error. Here is more information. FYI I just bought this key, so it has not been used anywhere. What to do? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 activation error code 0xC004C060

Windows 10 activation error code 0xC004C060: In January of 2018 I had purchased a copy of Windows 10 Home from Amazon. Everything was alright and happy until my motherboard broke (around a year later) I have been unable to reactivate windows on this "new?" machine due to it considering it non-genuine. For the past...
Tags: