Windows 10: Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067)

Discus and support Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've checked and I have a retail license which allows one move to a new machine. This bombs out with the above error and points me to the shop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanSmith1964, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067)

Hi,

I've checked and I have a retail license which allows one move to a new machine. This bombs out with the above error and points me to the shop. However I went out of my to purchase Pro. Shouldn't this be reflected in the Product Key. BTW, I've removed the old device from my ms account and uninstalled it's licence.

Thanks,

Ian

:)

IanSmith1964, Jun 14, 2019
  2. MAK2606 Win User

Activation after PC parts changed - Win10Pro to Win10ProN

OLD Pc, który wciąż jest listed on my MS account was a custom build that I build with my own hands. There was a full legal Win10Pro. I made a backup pendrive some time ago. After motherboard and gpu faild I take everything out, put new parts
    and was trying to instal win10pro again from that rescue pendrive. However when I was instaling os there was few options to choose from that pendrive. There was win10home, win10homeN, win10pro and win10proN. I googled what is a difrence bitwin win10pro and
    win10proN and everything I get was that to some UE regulations the N version is for UE without MediaPlayer and nothing else. So I decided that should be no problem using Pro or **** for activation purposes. But eventualy it is a problem. I don't want to pay
    for activation if I had full leagal win10Pro no N version. I only ask if there is a way to activate win10proN if I had win10ProwithoutN. Becouse I don't see a reason to buy activation if I had one and only my PC died. If there is no way to activate win10proN
    without buing it again so I instal win10prowithoutN version and then I should get activation do to significant hardware change. I hope becouse I think that charging twice for the same os due to hardware failure isn't ok.

MAK2606, Jun 14, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    old hardware licence

Hi ermurazor69

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new PC, if it is OEM it will not . ..

Was that Windows 10 licence based on a Retail or OEM Windows 7 licence?

DaveM121, Jun 14, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067)

Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC

Absolutely incorrect. It is totally permissible to reinstall Windows 10 on new pc, if upgraded from a retail licence of Windows 7 (Section 4b - EULA).

OP - all you need to do is ensure you are using version 1607 on old pc, and logged in with an MS account. Then install 1607 on new pc, and use the activation troubleshooter to transfer the digital licence to new PC, and then delete Windows from old PC.

cereberus, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067)

1. Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067) - Similar Threads - Activation replacemnt old

2. Win10Pro transfer to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10Pro transfer to new PC: I bought a PC with Win7Pro already installed (the sticker refers to OEM). This was updated to Win10Pro. The motherboard on this PC has now died and I need to purchase another. Most come with Win10Home and I would wish to transfer the licence from the dead PC to the new one....
  3. Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc: Hello, Thank you in advance for any response or feedback as this is the first time I am in need of help from these forums. Basically I am building a new rig and I want to transfer my product key from my old pc to my new pc. I have done back in the day the free upgrade to...
  4. old hardware licence

old hardware licence: Ok so a bit of background before my question... I had purchased a laptop for my daughter a few years back with windows 7 on it, when the offer to upgrade to 10 for free came up I did so. Jump ahead to this past August I bought her a new laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. My...
  5. activation & licence

activation & licence: my laptop is showing that, your windows licence will expire soon. so, what I supposed to do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-licence/d835912e-6325-4941-9afb-8d29f0703342"
  6. WINDOW LICENCE AND ACTIVATION

WINDOW LICENCE AND ACTIVATION: WINDOWS FREQUENTLY SHOWS A POPUP ( WINDOWS LICENCE WILL EXPIRE SOON) .HOW I CAN GET WINDOW LICENCE PRODUCT KEY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-licence-and-activation/d8c70dc9-93dd-4f96-9507-35630ef461f4"
  7. Activation and licence

Activation and licence: I bought a acer laptop in 2017 series aspire A577-ACER with a original windows 10 but suddenly in last 2 days its asking to update it again. Please solve this problem...
  8. Cant activate win10pro

Cant activate win10pro: Guys i changed my cpu and motherboard today, my windows activation is gone, i find the key from my email but when i try it it doesnt activate, i also tried to troubleshoot and he founds my account when i click the hardware change button , but when i click the activate button...
  9. Licence questions about home premium retail version

Licence questions about home premium retail version: Hello I have windows 7 home premium , but apparently it is OEM, so cannot take to another machine or when I do a big upgrade. If I do the windows free upgrade to windows 10, it is still apparently tied to the computer. I was looking at buying windows 10 home premium...
  10. Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC: Hi I have on my laptop a win10 pro installation that was a fresh install using the win7 pro (retail) key. I have just used ShowKeyPlus and it says that a "Windows 7 OEM marker present in firmware". Is this correct? Does it stop me from moving this licence to a new laptop?...