Windows 10: Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067)

Discus and support Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've checked and I have a retail license which allows one move to a new machine. This bombs out with the above error and points me to the shop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IanSmith1964, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067)

Hi,

I've checked and I have a retail license which allows one move to a new machine. This bombs out with the above error and points me to the shop. However I went out of my to purchase Pro. Shouldn't this be reflected in the Product Key. BTW, I've removed the old device from my ms account and uninstalled it's licence.

Thanks,

Ian

:)

IanSmith1964, Jun 14, 2019
  2. MAK2606 Win User

Activation after PC parts changed - Win10Pro to Win10ProN

OLD Pc, który wciąż jest listed on my MS account was a custom build that I build with my own hands. There was a full legal Win10Pro. I made a backup pendrive some time ago. After motherboard and gpu faild I take everything out, put new parts
    and was trying to instal win10pro again from that rescue pendrive. However when I was instaling os there was few options to choose from that pendrive. There was win10home, win10homeN, win10pro and win10proN. I googled what is a difrence bitwin win10pro and
    win10proN and everything I get was that to some UE regulations the N version is for UE without MediaPlayer and nothing else. So I decided that should be no problem using Pro or **** for activation purposes. But eventualy it is a problem. I don't want to pay
    for activation if I had full leagal win10Pro no N version. I only ask if there is a way to activate win10proN if I had win10ProwithoutN. Becouse I don't see a reason to buy activation if I had one and only my PC died. If there is no way to activate win10proN
    without buing it again so I instal win10prowithoutN version and then I should get activation do to significant hardware change. I hope becouse I think that charging twice for the same os due to hardware failure isn't ok.

MAK2606, Jun 14, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    old hardware licence

Hi ermurazor69

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new PC, if it is OEM it will not . ..

Was that Windows 10 licence based on a Retail or OEM Windows 7 licence?

DaveM121, Jun 14, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067)

Moving Win10 (upgrade Win7 Full Retail Licence) to another PC

Absolutely incorrect. It is totally permissible to reinstall Windows 10 on new pc, if upgraded from a retail licence of Windows 7 (Section 4b - EULA).

OP - all you need to do is ensure you are using version 1607 on old pc, and logged in with an MS account. Then install 1607 on new pc, and use the activation troubleshooter to transfer the digital licence to new PC, and then delete Windows from old PC.

cereberus, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067)

1. Activation on replacemnt pc with old retail win10pro licence fails (08x803fa067) - Similar Threads - Activation replacemnt old

2. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  3. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.: I had in my PC retail licence. I need change to OEM. So i bought OEM licence. When i format my PC and then try to install WIN again and type the OEM licence code, after install when i check version in CMD through slmgr.vbs /dlv. I always end in Retail. Can someone help me...
  4. Oem licence not activating, always returning to Retail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key: Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key...
  6. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key: Hello,I am facing the following problem: I bought a Windows Licence about 7 years ago, it was on my old laptop. I checked the version of the licence key yesterday using Command Prompt and it said that it is a Retail Licence Windows 10 core. I then uninstalled the licence key...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10 with Retail Licence Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence

Volume Licence Vs Retail Licence: I want to know how volume licence differ from you other retail licenses and why it is overpriced other than retail license. And i need to know the detailed peculiarities of volume licence over retail license...
  9. Win7 to Win10Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10Pro fails: While updating, install fails after I believe the first reboot, with error.... 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation Any ideas?...
  10. Failed Activation - Failed to move Windows 10 Retail from an old PC to a new PC

Failed Activation - Failed to move Windows 10 Retail from an old PC to a new PC: I would like some advice on how to proceed: Situation: I'm scrapped my old PC for a new one. I checked the installed Product KEY using an app and noted it down before deactivating the KEY from the old PC. The following info for my old PC: Product Name: Window 10 Home...