Windows 10: Activation page: only moving dots

Discus and support Activation page: only moving dots in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, my Windows 10 x64 Pro installation (Version 10.0.16299.967) is working well. It's been activated successfully months ago. There's no actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Armin Zingler, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Activation page: only moving dots

Hi,

my Windows 10 x64 Pro installation (Version 10.0.16299.967) is working well. It's been activated successfully months ago. There's no actual problem with it. The only thing that makes me curious is: Why does the Activation page only show moving dots at the top for an infinite duration? Software should not do this to a user. At least after a while, it should show what it is trying to do and why it fails.

Activation page: only moving dots 28c2a480-54fe-4750-b7f1-1aefb0801279?upload=true.png

I thought, maybe it's trying to connect to wherever and fails due to a firewall restriction. But, as I've enabled logging dropped firewall packets, I'm able to see that there's nothing related. I've also executed "slmgr /dlv", and it shows the expected dialog with the expected information. The default procedures like "sfc" and "dism" have already been performed (for a different reason), but there was nothing remarkable. So, I'm wondering, what else could be the cause for not displaying the content of the Activation page? Maybe a service is not running? In case, which one? And why isn't this shown as an issue?

Thanks

:)

Armin Zingler, Feb 13, 2019

2. Personal Web Page project

Removed the dots, good call.

Today i'm going to finish up the home page, and start working on the rest of the pages.

Any good suggestions for a portfolio picture?

freaksavior, Feb 13, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Seagate Completes Acquisition of Dot Hill Systems

Seagate Technology plc, a world leader in storage solutions, today announced it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Dot Hill Systems Corp., a trusted supplier of innovative software and hardware storage systems.

Under the terms of the definitive agreement signed between Seagate and Dot Hill, an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Seagate commenced a tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of Dot Hill in an all-cash transaction valued at $9.75 per share, or a total of approximately $696 million on a fully-diluted equity value basis.

The tender offer and the second step merger contemplated by Seagate's definitive agreement with Dot Hill were completed on October 6, 2015. As a result, Dot Hill has become an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Seagate and will no longer be listed for trading on the NASDAQ Global Market.

btarunr, Feb 13, 2019
  4. DavidY Win User

Activation page: only moving dots

Newbie needs advice moving Win8.1 ==> Win10

In your shoes I would
    1. Take a backup of the OS drive with Macrium Reflect, as suggested
    2. Download the ISO and do an Upgrade install (step 7 in this tutorial)
    Macrium gives you a way back if the upgrade doesn't work, and I also think that doing an Upgrade install is probably likely to be your quickest route to being activated on Windows 10 by the deadline.

Once activated, you can consider doing a clean install later but without the time pressure.

DavidY, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Activation page: only moving dots

1. Activation page: only moving dots - Similar Threads - Activation page moving

2. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page down and page up move more than one page: Hello friends, in a small number of programs and also in Windows settings, when I press Page Down or Page Up, I scroll down or up more than one page, for example, when I press Page Down, a part of the page that I haven't read yet is skipped. he doesWhere can I fix this in...
  3. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page down and page up move more than one page: Hello friends, in a small number of programs and also in Windows settings, when I press Page Down or Page Up, I scroll down or up more than one page, for example, when I press Page Down, a part of the page that I haven't read yet is skipped. he doesWhere can I fix this in...
  4. Page down and page up move more than one page

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Page file moved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Page file moved: Windows 10 has unexpectedly but thankfully moved my page file from drive D to drive C. I say thankfully because it was causing, with office and click to run, 100% disc usage on drive D with the page file there. Is this normal Windows behaviour or is there something sinister...
  6. Blank Activation page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blank Activation page: I followed the steps by @Andre Da Costa in some post for blank activation page: Open Start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each) Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth...
  7. Activation page is not loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation page is not loading: I have just updated to Windows 10 an I am trying to activate it with my product key, however I am unable to get the activation tab to run, so I can't enter the key. The page either crashes without an error message or loads endlessly....
  8. activation page not appear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation page not appear: i newly buy a acer laptop along with windows 10, starting my lap is activated, after the initial updates it shows its not activated, i try to activate, the activation page in settings shows blank. please help me to activate my lap[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Display or page moves to the left.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display or page moves to the left.: when I go to another page ,my page will go to the left to blank page then comes back to the page before that I was on.This happens when I go to move up the page to search or read.This just started out of the blue one day about a month ago. I have to click on the page first...
  10. Can't change brightness, dot on slider moves, but no result

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change brightness, dot on slider moves, but no result: Greetings! I have a weird error using Windows 10: I cannot change / adjust brightness at all. I have the latest updates for every drivers, programs and all, not sure why the system does this. Sometimes the screen brightness is 100%, sometimes just 50%. Not sure if the...