Windows 10: Activation Problem - Win 10

Discus and support Activation Problem - Win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello all I today downloaded the Win10 ISO with Microsoft's "create installation media" tool. I then extracted that ISO to my USB drive and used it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FrankDM, Jul 28, 2015.

1. FrankDM Win User

Activation Problem - Win 10

Hello all

I today downloaded the Win10 ISO with Microsoft's "create installation media" tool. I then extracted that ISO to my USB drive and used it to upgrade my activated 8.1 installation. It did not ask for any key during the upgrade process.

Now, after installlation I cannot activate the product, if I try to enter my 8.1 key it says it is invalid. What do I need to do ? I think it expects a Windows 10 key... it does have a key entered by default that is not my 8.1 key (I can only see parts of it as Windows asteriks most away but the last few digits do not match my 8.1 key. But this one does not activate either...

Thanks

:)

FrankDM, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Chong Hoo Win User

Windows 10 Activation Problem in Bootcamp and Parallels Desktop

I had installed Win 10 in my Macbook Pro by using Bootcamp first. After done installation, I create a Parallels Desktop for Bootcamp, both Win 10 had been activated (2 different keys). The problem is coming:

1) When I open Win 10, it display me Windows is not activated. Well, it's fine, i call phone for windows activation, then Window is activated successfully, and I restart Win 10 and change to Mac OS.

2) When I open Win 10 in Parallels Desktop, it also display me Windows is not activated. I call AGAIN phone for windows activation, then Window is activated successfully

3) When I restart the Mac and return to Win 10, it still display me Windows is not activated... I call AGAIN AGAIN phone for windows activation, then Window is activated successfully

What is the problem I faced right now? Who can help me on it?

Thanks in advanced.

Chong Hoo, Jul 28, 2015
  3. hessdenh Win User
    Windows 10 Ent Build 10586 Activation error Code:0xc004f014

I had the same problem, i tried to activate the Win 10 pro N with a Win 10 Pro key.

That doesn't work. Changed the key and I could activate.

hessdenh, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Lexus One Win User

Same here. I also used the Media Creation Tool. I had a copy of Win10Pro already reserved...but not ready to download. I was running Windows 7 Ultimate. Now I have a smooth running upgrade to Windows 10 that can't be activated. <sigh...> To complicate matters I'm using a Metered connection. My monthly data is about used up after today. I already did the GBs worth of updates too. So I'm up (you know where) without a paddle. Is there an easy way out? Or do I just have to go out and buy a copy of Windows? If so, will an OEM product key (cheaper) work with my already upgraded and not activated Version of Windows 10 Pro?

I posted in here because I think the same solution will apply to me too.

Lexus One, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Lexus One Win User
    Thanks, but I am still unable to activate. Everything went smooth. Not a hitch. Windows 10 was already reserved but not ready to download. So I downloaded the Media Creation tool instead and created an ISO, then burned to DVD and installed from that DVD. My Windows 7 Ult. upgrade worked perfectly...except it still won't activate Windows 10. No hardware changes.

Lexus One, Jul 28, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Lexus,

If you are sure you upgraded to Windows 10 and not mistakenly clean installed, then you might give it a day or two to see if you are able to activate by then. Microsoft's activation servers have been under heavy load today, and may not always be able to activate at the time.

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Lexus One Win User

I guess I'm not sure. I ran the setup app on the ISO>DVD that I created for win10 from within win7. The install program asked me if I wanted to keep my files/apps. I thought this was an upgrade. Am I mistaken?

Lexus One, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Windowz10 Win User
    The issue Brink was referring to would be this situation:

1) You created the USB or DVD disk using whichever method. It contains the Win10 installation stuff
    2) You reformat your C drive, thus wiping out all prior indication that you were running Windows
    3) You use the USB or DVD to install Windows 10- which will work, but you cannot activate your new installation.

That was the condition he was referring to. In your case it seems that you simply let the installation put Windows 10 overtop of your existing install. It wouldn't matter if you told it to keep your apps and other stuff or not. Before it wipes out stuff it sees that you have a validate activated installation of Windows.

Windowz10, Jul 29, 2015
  10. So basically what you're saying is after you created the USB or DVD disk DO NOT reformat your C drive and just install windows 10 on top of it?

nomadgamer13, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. You will need to "upgrade" to Windows 10 first.

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Lexus One Win User
    So does this mean I'm out-a-luck as far as getting my current copy of Windows 10 activated ?

Lexus One, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Activation Problem - Win 10

DANG! That's where I missed it. Well, I guess I'm back to square 1.

nomadgamer13, Jul 29, 2015
  14. Nope, the activation servers a fairly busy, it might take a few days to activate Win10, but not to worry. All windows allow you to install on a trial basis - in other words some features might not be available (personalization) unitl activated, but other than that Windows functions.

Give it a few days, it should automatically activate is you're connected to the Internet (I disconnect for most of the time, only connect when I need something - so it might take me a week or more to activate)

Slartybart, Jul 29, 2015
  15. Yep, head down to the 'tape' library and get your backups *Wink

Either restore a backup or do a fresh install of your qualifying OS, then upgrade to Win10 from within Windows, launch setup on the install media - don't boot to the DVD or Flash drive, just access it from File Explorer.

Slartybart, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Activation Problem - Win 10 - Similar Threads - Activation Problem

2. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  3. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  4. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067: please check and solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-windows-10-pro-problem-error-code/b6de1623-fd5e-453c-8df3-d3653cf0dafa
  5. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067: please check and solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-windows-10-pro-problem-error-code/b6de1623-fd5e-453c-8df3-d3653cf0dafa
  6. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

7. Windows and MS Office activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  8. Windows and MS Office activation problem

Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  9. Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074: Error code: 0xC004F074I bought an hp PC 6 months ago with genuine windows 11 pre-installed. However, after 6-months of trouble-free use, I have got the following message in red color in Settings->System->Activation.we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to...
  10. Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074

Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074: Error code: 0xC004F074I bought an hp PC 6 months ago with genuine windows 11 pre-installed. However, after 6-months of trouble-free use, I have got the following message in red color in Settings->System->Activation.we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to...