Windows 10: Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb

Discus and support Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It has/had digital license, when I look it up on the pc info, it shows my email address which is also my admin/info for Microsoft account..and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by reclusivecreature, May 24, 2021.

1. Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb

It has/had digital license, when I look it up on the pc info, it shows my email address which is also my admin/info for Microsoft account..and that it's digitally and legally licensed to me.I have followed the instruction to ensure the Microsoft account/admin information is correct. It's been doing updates, too, and I now

:)

reclusivecreature, May 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 Refurb License

Usualy at work wen we prepare refurb computer that were on windows 7 we have to void the coa near the windows 7 key, that is easy to do.

My problem comes with the Windows 8 version were the key is hiden in the bios.

I can extract the key but that doesnt give me the coa only a key.

I have figured out that if I reinstall windows 8 on the computer and activate it with the key that is in the bios, then I will get a COA in clear text the same as on a label

Can I void that coa to put a refurb windows 10 key on the computer ?

If yes is there an easier way to get the coa witout having to install windows 8 over again before I can install windows 10 with a refurb key.

Jacquelin Jr Vallée, May 24, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, May 24, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb

1. Activation problem/Windows 10/Refurb - Similar Threads - Activation problem Refurb

2. Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop: I have just purchased a refurbished laptop from a reputable supplier, but can’t get past the Microsoft log in window which says: ‘Let’s get things set up for your work or school’It won’t accept my personal Microsoft email details, OR my work Microsoft details.When I enter my...
  3. Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging into Microsoft on a refurb laptop: I have just purchased a refurbished laptop from a reputable supplier, but can’t get past the Microsoft log in window which says: ‘Let’s get things set up for your work or school’It won’t accept my personal Microsoft email details, OR my work Microsoft details.When I enter my...
  4. Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?: I got couple of refurbed PCs with a Windows for refurb PC sticker on back of them. I installed windows on a partition of a macbook and tried both license keys. The worked and upon checking one was OEM_DM channel, The other was OEM_something_something channel.I'm not sure if...
  5. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  6. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home for refurb pcs: Dear Microsoft, dear Community,I just bought a new laptop and it came with a sticker saying that it runs a Windows 10 Home for Refurb Pcs.Now since this was or should've been a completely new laptop Asus Zenbook 14 OLED I contacted the seller.They said that this is completely...
  7. Windows 10 home for refurb pcs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Refurb machine - reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Refurb machine - reinstall windows: Hi there, HD failure on refurb machine with Windows 10 home, so new HD added by technical friend, but no OS. Label on bottom of laptop says "Windows 10 home for refurb pcs" Also "COA for use on refurb machines only, no commercial value" Format is XX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX...
  9. Windows 10 pro for refurb pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro for refurb pc: Hello. My company bought a refurb laptop Dell E6330, with a licence windows 10 pro for refurb pc´s. We have a hard disk, a button and a motheboard problem. We decided to buy a new laptop but we want to use the licence from the dell laptop. It´s that possible? How do i...
  10. 10 Home for Refurb PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    10 Home for Refurb PCs: My laptop MFG'd in late 2013 crashed. Needing a replacement and short on funds I purchased a converted XP PRO. The data sticker says Windows 10 Home for Refurb PCs. Can someone tell me what differences there may be (without me having to read the tech manuals) between this...