Windows 10: Activation problems after upgrading the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

Discus and support Activation problems after upgrading the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My new laptop (recently bought) came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled . Since i work at the university as a student, I bought the Windows 10 education... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by studpanda, Jun 30, 2019.

1. studpanda Win User

Activation problems after upgrading the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education

My new laptop (recently bought) came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled . Since i work at the university as a student, I bought the Windows 10 education upgrade. With this purchase i got a product key which i used to manually upgrade the windows using the option "Change product key". The upgrade process went smooth (took quite some time) but eventually when i logged into the system I see an error saying "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code 0xC004F213". Even by clicking the troubleshoot I cannot resolve the problem. please help!

:)

studpanda, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 30, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Activation problems after upgrading the Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education - Similar Threads - Activation problems upgrading

2. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer: My home computer crashed in 2022. The person fixing the computer upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Education. I am not affiliated with any school or institution, I work at home. I have been unable to activate my Windows 10 because it keeps saying "we can't activate Windows...
  3. Not able to upgrade to windows 10 home from windows 10 educational

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to upgrade to windows 10 home from windows 10 educational: I am trying to upgrade a laptop which previously was owned by the school and runs on Windows 10 educational.I have bought the computer from the school and have purchased product key from Microsoft website for windows 10 Home.The problem is i have tried a clean install of...
  4. Windows 10 Education Activation Problem

Windows 10 Education Activation Problem: I change my Windows version from Pro N to Education today. I sign in it with my organization account, and also add my personal account to my computer. But my product key gone, I forgot to note my product key before I upgrade my PC, how can I get it back?...
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education doesn't work: I received a Windows 10 Education activation key from "onthehub" site. But whenever I type my key number on my computer, it doesn't work with error code 0x800f0805. I want to know the answer to solve this problem :...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??

Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??: I installed Windows 10 Education on my new system as I comply with the requirements. When I sign in, I am limited by the number of modifications I can make because of the limitations put in place by my college IT dept. I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 Home so I can actually...
  7. Problem with activating windows 10 education

Problem with activating windows 10 education: Recently my system SSD has died and because the replacement will take ages to acquire I tried installing Windows on an external drive. After finding out that the installator does not support that function I've turned to WinToUSB utility and it has worked. After the usual...
  8. Fixing failed Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education upgrade

Fixing failed Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education upgrade: Hello! I tried to upgrade my laptop's OEM Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education using a product key issued by my university, but I forgot that I already used up the product key given, and so error code 0xC004C008 appeared. Now, I want to undo the upgrade and go back to...
  9. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511. Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key. So i started up the first one, got to do the...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`: I keep getting the error message: Couldn't upgrade your edition, undoing updates. Every time it applies additional features...it stops at 98% and then undoes the changes. Please help. I don't want to reinstall windows just so I could upgrade to Education. Thanks. 30559