Windows 10: Activation/ product key not accepted

Discus and support Activation/ product key not accepted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi: I checked out Win 10 PRO using a place holder key but now I am not able to roll it back to my OEM Win 10 HOME version of windows. I tried some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SandeshBhosale, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Activation/ product key not accepted

Hi:

I checked out Win 10 PRO using a place holder key but now I am not able to roll it back to my OEM Win 10 HOME version of windows.

I tried some steps like updating the registry to HOME from PRO and then mounting and running the ISO for WIN 10 but it doesn't work. It asks me for my product key and when I enter it I get message "This product key didn't work. Try a different key or buy a new one"

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

I was following this post to down grade from the PRO to HOME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-to-home/345f5464-cb7a-44b3-8856-237cbec072c8

:)

SandeshBhosale, Jul 13, 2020

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Jul 13, 2020
  4. RJScottNT Win User

Activation/ product key not accepted

Wont' accept product key of activation of window 10

have new computer with new windows 10 but can't activate will not accept product key

RJScottNT, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Activation/ product key not accepted

1. Activation/ product key not accepted - Similar Threads - Activation product key

2. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key Not Accepted: I am hoping to transfer a Windows 10 Pro product key from an old laptop to a new Surface Go currently running in S mode.I have copied the key from the old laptop, removed the product key from it, cleared its registry, and have removed the old laptop from my Microsoft...
  3. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Not Accepted: I am hoping to transfer a Windows 10 Pro product key from an old laptop to a new Surface Go currently running in S mode.I have copied the key from the old laptop, removed the product key from it, cleared its registry, and have removed the old laptop from my Microsoft...
  4. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Product Key won't be accepted

Product Key won't be accepted: I recently had a crash on my computer from which my Hard Drive could not recover. As a result I lost Windows 10 and all programs on that Hard Drive. I am now trying to fix my computer. I have installed Windows 7 using my old install disk but cannot upgrade back to Windows 10...
  6. Product key never accepted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key never accepted: I am a lecturer at a university, and some years ago, I purchased a Surface with the intention of using it in class. At the time, I was never able to get your corporation to accept the product key, and I tried every so often. Of course, Microsoft help at the time was useless,...
  7. Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key

Windows 10 activation problems - not accepting product key: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 already installed. It worked fine to begin with but, after a few months it started showing the message "Activate Windows". I have not made any hardware changes to the laptop (I wouldn't know how!) so not sure why it suddenly needed...
  8. Windows not accepting product key

Windows not accepting product key: Hello, I seem to be having a problem activating windows 10 on my HP laptop. I bought the laptop a few years ago with windows 8.1 and upgraded it to windows 10 as soon as I got it out of the box. Everything seemed to be ok but the last 12 months or so I keep getting a message...
  9. Activation Key is not accepted

Activation Key is not accepted: I put in my activation key off of my computer page and it tells me to use another key or purchase one! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/activation-key-is-not-accepted/c1c581c1-c0ca-4764-a933-056460e1e984
  10. Product key not accepted (duplicataion)

Product key not accepted (duplicataion): I have just restored a saved version of a VM Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7. It had a digital entitlement but the restored machine required activation. I chose what I thought was the Product Key of the Win 7 machine prior to the upgrade but it was rejected. I now realise...