Windows 10: Activation/ product key

Discus and support Activation/ product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago my laptop crashed, after setting it up again this notification kept coming up saying I had to activate my product key. I tried and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AoifeT, Dec 20, 2018.

1. AoifeT Win User

Activation/ product key

So a few weeks ago my laptop crashed, after setting it up again this notification kept coming up saying I had to activate my product key. I tried and tried to activate it but it was still coming up. Anyway after a few days I gave in and just bought a new Windows 10 for my laptop online through this site and downloaded it directly, so I didn't need to entre the product key or anything. But still this notification kept coming up every day. I tried to change the product key to the one I screen shot when I bought it a few weeks ago but that doesn't work. now I have "activate windows" permanently stuck on the bottom corner of my laptop. How do I fix this? Please help!

:)

AoifeT, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Activation/ product key

Windows 10 upgrade activation product key requirement no skip

Hi Anil,

To quote Andre's post, can you please try the following steps as well right after you got the product key from the steps that was provided to you above.

• Click Start
    • Settings
    • Find Update & Security
    • On the left pane of the page, click Activation
    • In the change the product key section, enter the product key you have
    • Click Next to activate.
    Let us know how it goes so we can provide you with a better solution.

Josef Bri, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Activation/ product key

1. Activation/ product key - Similar Threads - Activation product key

2. Product key/ Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key/ Activation Key: How do I get my windows 10 product key In MacBook Pro using boot camp installation software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-activation-key/08bea70a-4d63-4b2e-afca-2f7cc74e99d4
  3. Product key/ Activation Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key/ Activation Key: How do I get my windows 10 product key In MacBook Pro using boot camp installation software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-activation-key/08bea70a-4d63-4b2e-afca-2f7cc74e99d4
  4. Product key/ Activation Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key and activation key

Product key and activation key: What is difference or similarity between Product key and activation keyI have two laptops pre loaded with windows 8.1 and windows 10how can i find Product key and activation key of both laptop?...
  6. product key activation

product key activation: how do i activate my product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-activation/10f3253c-3099-425f-8c2c-455846982be6"
  7. Product key activation

Product key activation: Trying to move a product key from a broken laptop to another laptop windows 10. It says the key cant be used. Ive used the deactivate command in old laptop. What should I do to get it working?...
  8. product key activation

product key activation: hello, I need help ASAP. our company has purchased, 2 months ago, 2 computers. we installed win10 in both pcs. now, it looks like the recently acquired pcs are not performing well. we want to replace them. the question is, how will I reuse the same product key license on...
  9. Activation and Product Key

Activation and Product Key: I am trying to activate my windows 10 pro key, after doing a clean install today. It reset me back to home and I wish to upgrade back to pro. This is the error im getting. And i am positive my key works, as i have used it before. I tried to call support, but at this time of...
  10. activation key or product key

activation key or product key: i updated my window and few month later i am asked to input my product key which i dont know or i dont have. pls can you help me with that.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key-or-product-key/3598f686-ff5c-4fe6-8ddf-e77dfa6941af"