Windows 10: Activation Question

Discus and support Activation Question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Suppose I buy a laptop, set up windows 10, but don't install anything. How would I go about switching the only drive without having to buy windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-NotTakenUsername, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Activation Question

Suppose I buy a laptop, set up windows 10, but don't install anything. How would I go about switching the only drive without having to buy windows 10 again? Thanks!

submitted by /u/-NotTakenUsername
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-NotTakenUsername, Jan 22, 2021

2. ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hi,

Activation issues with Windows 10 devices are usually caused due to some hardware changes. For us to provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• What changes have you made to your devices before this issue occurred?
    • Are your computers connected to a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest visiting these links. These can be used as a reference on how to activate Windows 10:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Activation Question

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Activation Question

1. Activation Question - Similar Threads - Activation Question

2. One question. Why would you want to actively frustrate users to drive them away from your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One question. Why would you want to actively frustrate users to drive them away from your...: I too will be ditching Paint 3D as it is no longer any use to me - simply because of a stupid, and completely unnecessary change to the eraser function.In fact, I am due a new machine. Mac is looking better all the time....
  3. One question. Why would you want to actively frustrate users to drive them away from your...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One question. Why would you want to actively frustrate users to drive them away from your...: I too will be ditching Paint 3D as it is no longer any use to me - simply because of a stupid, and completely unnecessary change to the eraser function.In fact, I am due a new machine. Mac is looking better all the time....
  4. A strange, convoluted activation question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A strange, convoluted activation question: About 5 months ago I purchased a PC with Win 10 Pro. I activated it with no issues. A few weeks ago it developed a serious problem, and I returned it under warranty. The seller refunded my money, deciding the machine wasn't repairable. I purchased another PC, this one with...
  5. A strange, convoluted activation question

A strange, convoluted activation question: About 5 months ago I purchased a PC with Win 10 Pro. I activated it with no issues. A few weeks ago it developed a serious problem, and I returned it under warranty. The seller refunded my money, deciding the machine wasn't repairable. I purchased another PC, this one with...
  6. question relatwd to windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question relatwd to windows activation: i used pirated windows 11 pro activation key . but i had licensed windows 11 home single language edition win 10 single laguage oem but now when i entering my privious licensed key it showing error...
  7. question relatwd to windows activation

question relatwd to windows activation: i used pirated windows 11 pro activation key . but i had licensed windows 11 home single language edition win 10 single laguage oem but now when i entering my privious licensed key it showing error...
  8. Not Exactly a Question. Noticing Strange Activity.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not Exactly a Question. Noticing Strange Activity.: I am seeing a possibly new approach to attacking Windows Security.The program seems to be locking files and pretending you don't have security clearance Security Tab to write or access the directory. It seems to prevent Windows Update from finishing, by somehow by locking...
  9. Not Exactly a Question. Noticing Strange Activity.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Exactly a Question. Noticing Strange Activity.: I am seeing a possibly new approach to attacking Windows Security.The program seems to be locking files and pretending you don't have security clearance Security Tab to write or access the directory. It seems to prevent Windows Update from finishing, by somehow by locking...
  10. Not Exactly a Question. Noticing Strange Activity.