Windows 10: Activation required after reset Windows 10 Home on HP Laptop

Discus and support Activation required after reset Windows 10 Home on HP Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, After Resetting Windows 10 home single language on my HP laptop, the computer now says "Windows is not activated". During Reset of windows it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CACIQUERICO, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Activation required after reset Windows 10 Home on HP Laptop

Hello,

After Resetting Windows 10 home single language on my HP laptop, the computer now says "Windows is not activated". During Reset of windows it did not asked for a key. I thought this was ok because this HP laptop should have been digitally licensed with windows 10 home single language at purchase.

Pre troubleshoot error code 0xC004F012. Post troubleshoot error code 0xc0000022. I have tried troubleshooting Option but it shows an error. Error Code: 0x803F7001. How do I locate the digital license for windows 10 home single language.? Current Windows version of my laptop was and is: Windows 10 Home. I need to activate this reset Windows 10 Home on my HP Laptop. CaciqueRico

:)

CACIQUERICO, Oct 11, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Resetting my HP laptop

Since it is a new HP laptop and you want to reset it, instead of using the Windows 10 Reset, why not use the HP Factory Restore application, it should be located on your Start Menu - the alphabetical list - scroll down to the HP suite of apps and look
    for recovery . . .

DaveM121, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 11, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Activation required after reset Windows 10 Home on HP Laptop

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This is exactly what I'm seeing and am still investigating. I don't want to get your hopes up though, as I think you're out of luck, unfortunately. I might be too, but I'm in with a chance and here is why.

I installed my Insider copy right at the start of the program on VMWare Player where it activated with my Live account. It also upgraded to the RTM copy when it was released and is activated. So far so good.

I then downloaded the ISO using Microsoft's tool and installed a clean copy on my laptop, again logging in with my Live account, but it won't activate, just like you've seen. Reason given is that the key is blocked. However, what I'm now gonna do is image that VM onto the laptop's HDD and see if that works. It may remain activated (doubtful), require a phone activation or simply not activate at all. Let's hope it activates.

BTW, I never opted out of the insider program and am still on the Fast updates, so my OS version is currently showing as 10.0.10532, which is later than the 10.0.10240 RTM build - it did a full OS install for it.

Finally, even though you can't activate yours, you can still do the upgrade thing from W7 or W8/8.1 so you're not actually stuck, you just don't get the Insider version.

qubit, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Activation required after reset Windows 10 Home on HP Laptop

1. Activation required after reset Windows 10 Home on HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Activation required reset

2. Reset laptop HP windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset laptop HP windows 10: I reset my HP laptop with Windows 10 and it asks me for a username and password that I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-laptop-hp-windows-10/ea622d53-2b57-4288-aff9-daacbf677248
  3. Reset laptop HP windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset laptop HP windows 10: I reset my HP laptop with Windows 10 and it asks me for a username and password that I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-laptop-hp-windows-10/ea622d53-2b57-4288-aff9-daacbf677248
  4. Reset laptop HP windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.: Windows 10 Home license gone missing on my HP laptop 18 months old after resetting the laptop due to some AV errors that locked to laptop. The Microsoft product key tool found the license code but was not accepted by the activation server. What to do? How to activate the HP...
  6. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.: Windows 10 Home license gone missing on my HP laptop 18 months old after resetting the laptop due to some AV errors that locked to laptop. The Microsoft product key tool found the license code but was not accepted by the activation server. What to do? How to activate the HP...
  7. Windows 10 Home license gone missing on HP laptop after resetting the laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Office Home and Student Activation Required after PC Reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Home and Student Activation Required after PC Reset?: I plan to reset my pc because of driver issues, and I was thinking if that would mean I have to activate Office again. My Office subscription came with my laptop purchase, so I don't have a product key with me that I can enter. I have, however, activated my Office before with...
  9. Laptop will not activate after windows 10 pro reset

Laptop will not activate after windows 10 pro reset: Hi, I have a three thousand dollar laptop that I bought for my personal use. I had trouble installing an M.2 ssd and so I reset windows 10 pro keeping my files. I also upgraded the bios to the latest version. Now windows 10 pro will not activate no matter what I do....
  10. activate windows 10 on A HP laptop

activate windows 10 on A HP laptop: i bought a hp laptop yesterday from a pawnshop with windows 10 pro on it but it wont activate and i tried the virtual agent and that didnt help. what do i do to activate it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsft edge wont work and says loading in settings