Windows 10: Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license

Discus and support Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, but it's not activating. I'm getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.I checked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by C. Scott, Jun 19, 2021.

1. C. Scott Win User

Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license

I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, but it's not activating. I'm getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.I checked my order history and the purchase is there, and it's for pro, not home.I'm signed into the same account on my computer with which I purchased the Pro license.When I run the activation troubleshooter it says "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro." But the purchase was definitely for Pro.The FAQs say an activation key was included in the email confirming the purchase, but there is no key with the email.This

:)

C. Scott, Jun 19, 2021
  2. FredHeine Win User

Can't activate my Purchased Windows 10 Pro License.

have 2 computers, both running Windows 10 Pro.

The first computer was upgraded for free to Windows 10 Pro from Retail Windows 7 (Pro).

I purchase Windows 10 Pro and license from Windows Online Store.

My first computer shows up as activated. I can't activate my purchased license on my second computer.

I purchase a third license so I could register my second computer. Now my Windows Account Devices, my first computer shows up activated once and my second computer shows up activated twice with numbers I don't recognize. I received my second license number
    by email. I never received my third license number but it was activated.

FredHeine, Jun 19, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jun 19, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license

Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

Maybe they didn't have it when you looked earlier, but the Microsoft Store now lists a downloadable Win 10 Pro for purchase:

Windows 10 Pro: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store

This is for the USA. It may be available from your country. (Or not.)

bobkn, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license - Similar Threads - Activation says Home

2. Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?: Is there a way to purchase a windows 10 pro license? I tried using the Microsoft store but it only gives me the option for windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-purchase-a-windows-10-pro-license/cd436a21-355e-495f-b6db-d1e18d3ff6bd
  3. Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?: Is there a way to purchase a windows 10 pro license? I tried using the Microsoft store but it only gives me the option for windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-purchase-a-windows-10-pro-license/cd436a21-355e-495f-b6db-d1e18d3ff6bd
  4. Can I purchase a windows 10 pro license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC saying I have Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home license

PC saying I have Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home license: I recently ran into this issue after changing my motherboard that it has windows 10 pro installed instead of the windows 10 home license. I have the error code 0xC004F211. Due to the change in hardware, I'm assuming that I'm encountering this due to the sudden change. I...
  6. I have windows 10 home license but windows 10 pro is installed and it says that I have an...

I have windows 10 home license but windows 10 pro is installed and it says that I have an...: I have windows 10 home license but windows 10 pro is installed and it says that I have an error 0x8007007B and I cant contact my organization supports since i bought this from an online page selling a desktop pc and now I have on my screen at right side bottom corner that...
  7. I have tried for over a week to activate Windows 10 Pro License that I purchased through...

I have tried for over a week to activate Windows 10 Pro License that I purchased through...: Here is what I have done but it seems nothing worksesJune 29, 2021, 5:32 pmManishQuick Assist: On the Windows search bar present on the bottom left coroner please type "Quick Assist" and launch the application. Please select "Get Assistance". Enter the security code:...
  8. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchased a Windows 10 Pro License: How do I find this digital license when I get my new PC put together next week. If I select Windows 10 Pro in the install option, will it know that I purchased it already and apply it?...
  9. If I purchase a windows 10 license does it have unlimited activations?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I purchase a windows 10 license does it have unlimited activations?: I primarily run linux but from time to time I need access to windows. It would be installed in random weird places sporadically and will never have a permanent home so activation limits aren't particularly useful to me. Sometimes I'll be running it in a vm on my nas,...
  10. Windows won't activate even though i have online license

Windows won't activate even though i have online license: "Waiting to be filled by oem" I know that my hardwared is locked to a different motherboard, I forgot to tell microsoft i was switching hardware, which seems kind of ridiculous. But anyway i no longer have that motherboard because i sold it. Is there anyway to activate...