Windows 10: Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s

Discus and support Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After today's 2004 update June 23, 2020, my computer says "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC." This Win 10 Home is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Robert ADavies, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s

After today's 2004 update June 23, 2020, my computer says "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC."

This Win 10 Home is activated and genuine, and I do have the product key.

I've been sitting here for almost two hours trying to fix this.

1. Settings> Update & Security> Activation } When I click 'Activation here', or anywhere else that gives the option to 'update now' nothing happens. The blue wheel spins . . . nothing . . .

2. ran sfc scannow. It did find corrupted files, but seemed to repair them. Did not fix the problem.

3. Tried dsim.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. I had to use this dism last week because, at that time, uac said another administrator had blocked mmc etc. Last week, dism ran perfectly and solved that problem. Today, it gives me the error that says "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature . . ."
    I have no idea what to do with that or whether it matters . . .

4. Because the 'Activation' link doesn't do anything, there's also no troubleshooter option I can find.

5. 'Get help' runs, makes a suggestion which doesn't work because the "Activation" button doesn't work. Then it runs a little more, and comes back saying it's encountered a technical error.

6. Talked to an agent who asked me to run slui 3 . . . nothing happened. He said I should call back tomorrow . . .

I held on to Win 7 until last month when I had this system built with a fresh install of Win 10. I am not a happy customer, and am not looking forward to waiting on hold . . .

Any other suggestions out there?

:)

Robert ADavies, Jun 24, 2020

2. Activation of Windows 10 Pro doesn´t work

Hallo, i can´t activate my windows 10 Pro (free upgrade from windows 7);

Info: 0xC0EA000A

Manual activation doesn´t work either.

Important (i think): I had to re-install windows 10 (3 or even 4 times). because I had massive problems with "Start and Cortana Issues".

I hope, I don´t have to search the old product key.

PS. Yes, Windows 7 was genuine.

MichalMichalczyk, Jun 24, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s

Activate my key and when i activate it ,it doesn`t work .What do I need to do to activate my windows?

<Original title: Activation key>

Hi I recently bought my laptop and the person from the shop personally installed windows10 pro then a few days later windows updated the software and now it tells me to activate my key and when i activate it ,it doesn`t work .What do I need to do to activate
    my windows?

If I were to change my key what would happen?

Please help with my situation.

PetersonMwangi, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s

1. Activation status lost / Activation button doesn't work :-s - Similar Threads - Activation status lost

2. Windows 10 activation doesn't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation doesn't work: I'm having trouble activating Windows 10 after having a different problem and then restoring Windows from my laptop. The activate process is telling me that I 'don't have a valid digital license or ptoduct key.' I get 'Error code: 0xC004F012'. When I try Troubleshooting as it...
  3. Lost activation

Lost activation: Hello i bought my self a win 10 pro retail key 2 years ago and i used it on my pc and it was doing fine until i changed my mother board and now i cant activate it and the product key is lost i cant find it anywhere , i remember connecting the key to my microsoft account but...
  4. System Information Activation status

System Information Activation status: Hi, I am looking learn whether I can view the activation status of a windows installation using msinfo32, i.e. system information? This appeared as a test question and the answer was yes, but I can't see it listed in system info. I know there are other ways to find out...
  5. Activation key doesn't work

Activation key doesn't work: When I try to "change product key" and enter the 25 letters and numbers, it tells me the key is not genuine. Please help I spent 150 dollars including tax on this and I CANNOT return it....
  6. check key status actived or not

check key status actived or not: Hello Microsoft!, I bought a license key of Windows 10 Pro, so how can i check that key was been actived or not without input key direct to PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-key-status-actived-or-not/277a6184-2fda-4728-a93a-f5094eeb1bc9"
  7. Windows 10 activation status

Windows 10 activation status: I’ve seen this question asked and answered, but I’m not satisfied, haha! I bought a Windows 10 product in a liquidation lot of customer return items. It has been opened. I would like to be able to resell it if it was only opened, but not installed/activated . In order to do...
  8. Regain windows activation status

Regain windows activation status: I am currently using a Windows 10 Home single language OS activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. I am hoping to install Linux OS replacing Windows 10 for some time. Once that period is over I am hoping to reinstall Windows 10 Home SL again. My...
  9. Troubleshooter on Activation doesn't work

Troubleshooter on Activation doesn't work: Hi guys I've recently made a change on my hardware and got a activate windows message showing up on my screen. I have a digital license linked to my Microsoft account and when I try to run the Troubleshooter like it shows on the Microsoft tutorial in this link:...
  10. WOL doesn't work if hibernate is activated

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WOL doesn't work if hibernate is activated: This problem drove me nuts and I tried every possible BIOS setting also went from Windows 10 own Broadcom drivers to older which didn't change anything. Then I found out it is related to hibernate, not using hibernate, but just having it activated. I always had it deactivated...