Windows 10: Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Discus and support Activation troubles after hardware chnage in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Here's what happened: Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account. Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TobiasPreston, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
      • Press I recently changed hardware on this device
      • Select the old computer in my Microsoft account
      • Says unable to reactivate windows - try again later - and links to here:
      • https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change
      • I've been through it nothing is relevant or helps
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

:)

TobiasPreston, Jan 24, 2019

2. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Michael Gall, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Display Color Calibration won't stay locked, keeps chnaging

We suggest that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us,

Monica Cam, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Activation troubles after hardware chnage

1. Activation troubles after hardware chnage - Similar Threads - Activation troubles hardware

2. Trouble Activating Windows 11, after a hardware change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Activating Windows 11, after a hardware change.: after a hardware change, it's been giving me an error message, saying something interrupted our troubleshooting, with error code of 0x80004005, when I try to troubleshoot it, it gives another error message saying the same thing but a different error code, 0x8007000d, I have...
  3. Troubles with Windows Activation after severe hardware changes

Troubles with Windows Activation after severe hardware changes: Hey.I've posted on this community a few weeks ago regarding activation after the hardware change - users here assisted me and helped me get Windows activated by selecting "I recently changed my hardware" option and selecting my old system. After that, I had issue with...
  4. Trouble Activating Windows After Hardware Change

Trouble Activating Windows After Hardware Change: Hey all, recently changed my motherboard out and was hoping to activate windows using my Microsoft account. Seems I have some sort of account issue, which may or may not be related to the work account I also have on the computer. When I go to Settings -> Activation ->...
  5. Trouble Activating Windows After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Activating Windows After Hardware Change: Hey all, recently changed my motherboard out and was hoping to activate windows using my Microsoft account. Seems I have some sort of account issue, which may or may not be related to the work account I also have on the computer. When I go to Settings -> Activation ->...
  6. Trouble Activating Windows After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Trouble with Windows 10 Activation after Hardware Changes

Trouble with Windows 10 Activation after Hardware Changes: I have recently installed a new motherboard and processor and was previously using the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After installing the new parts and getting Windows 10 all setup, I can't activate windows 10 with my product key not the windows 7 one, but a...
  8. Trouble activating windows after changing hardware.

Trouble activating windows after changing hardware.: Hello, I just recently changed the motherboard and CPU in my computer. I had a retail windows 10 disc and product key that I used to activate windows on my SSD a year or two ago before this upgrade, and promptly linked it to my MS account. I can't seem to get the windows...
  9. Troubling activating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Troubling activating Windows 10 after a hardware change.: Hi all, So I've had this machine a while. It had Vista preinstalled. Few years later I Installed a copy of Win 7. Years after that I upgraded to Win 10. About a year ago, I changed my motherboard and was unable to activate Win 10 (expected). I finally got around to a new...
  10. Trouble activating Windows 10 after hardware changes

Trouble activating Windows 10 after hardware changes: I'm having a lot of trouble reactivating my Windows 10 digital (?) license. I originally took the offer for the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 back in 2016 and had been using my purchased Windows 8 key for Windows 10 activation. However, several months ago a power surge...