Windows 10: Activation troubleshooter - 'The request is blocked'

Discus and support Activation troubleshooter - 'The request is blocked' in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello community, I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my newly built PC. Everytime I click on troubleshoot and then on the 'I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rinso.fw, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Rinso.fw Win User

Activation troubleshooter - 'The request is blocked'

Hello community,

I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my newly built PC. Everytime I click on troubleshoot and then on the 'I changed hardware on this device recently' option it opens a new window header: Microsoft account, loads for a bit and then says 'The request is blocked' followed by a long string of letters/numbers, no other option than to close the window.

According to the internet, it should let me sign in to my microsoft account and chose the hardware, but atm I cant even get to the login screen, let alone switch hardware.

Any held would be appreciated.

- The activation status on my old machine is "Windows is activated with a digital license and linked to a Microsoft account", I also used the slmgr /dli command to further check the status, the results are:

Name: WindowsR Professional edition

Windows R Operating System, RETAIL Channel

License-status: licensed

- Both machines are linked to the same ms account can even check hardware of both PCs online

:)

Rinso.fw, Oct 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Sound Troubleshooter

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 24, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Activation troubleshooter - 'The request is blocked' - Similar Threads - Activation troubleshooter 'The

2. Request Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request Blocked: When trying to access Bing on Chrome, I get this message: The request is blocked.Ref A: 8BE2A910E0BE4B8F82F96B0CA6B07E1A Ref B: PDX31EDGE0118 Ref C: 2023-08-28T01:15:57Z.I've tried clearing the cache, deleting all cookies, disconnecting my VPN. There's no issue on Edge, of...
  3. Request Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request Blocked: When trying to access Bing on Chrome, I get this message: The request is blocked.Ref A: 8BE2A910E0BE4B8F82F96B0CA6B07E1A Ref B: PDX31EDGE0118 Ref C: 2023-08-28T01:15:57Z.I've tried clearing the cache, deleting all cookies, disconnecting my VPN. There's no issue on Edge, of...
  4. Windows 10 Hardware Change Troubleshooter: "Request Blocked."

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Hardware Change Troubleshooter: "Request Blocked.": Hey everyone, I recently upgraded the motherboard, CPU, and RAM in my PC to the latest, and was reading into how Windows binds itself to the motherboard so when you change it you need to reactivate. I followed the "Prepare your Windows 10 device for a hardware change" steps...
  5. Activation troubleshooting leads to 'request is blocked' pop up

Activation troubleshooting leads to 'request is blocked' pop up: Hi, I wiped my hard drive this morning after installing a new motherboard, CPU and RAM, and now I'm unable to activate windows. I've signed into my PC using the original Microsoft account that my digital licence was linked to before the reinstall, but the activation window...
  6. "The Request is Blocked" When trying to activate Windows on new Motherboard

"The Request is Blocked" When trying to activate Windows on new Motherboard: Hi, please don't give me any preset answer like "check this link" or such, i already know the steps and i tried everything possible. I got my Windows 10 for free, the first time Windows 10 came out, switching from Windows 7 to 10 for free so it SHOULD BE POSSIBLE to...
  7. Activation troubleshoot

Activation troubleshoot: I am having a windows 10 version and i have recently repaired my laptop and the repair person has changed my windows version to windows 10 pro.It is now showing to activate my windows. I have my previous windows activation key but now when i entered it in activation option it...
  8. Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting

Windows 10 requesting Activation when it has been active for 5 years and Troubleshooting: Afternoon, On Thursday my system prompted and stated Activate Windows and on Friday my Microsoft email/office stopped functioning as well. When I go to activate it states invalid activation key and directs me to the store. I have had this version installed for several years...
  9. BSOD troubleshooting support request

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD troubleshooting support request: Hello, Can someone help me find out what is causing this BSOD? Minidump here https://easyupload.io/uxl2fj https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-troubleshooting-support-request/6b87b1ed-4c48-4d97-8d07-e59b193aadf7
  10. activation request

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation request: I did the Free upgrade to Windows 10. from Windows 7 and now I getting request to activate again, where do I find the digital license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/activation-request/5b23429d-983a-45ce-9ef7-6ca8849d5c3b