Windows 10: Activation vs. OEM key

Discus and support Activation vs. OEM key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am intending to purchase a new Windows 10 key, since I purchased a new motherboard that was apart of a custom build. What is the exact difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Heaunohj{2, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Activation vs. OEM key

I am intending to purchase a new Windows 10 key, since I purchased a new motherboard that was apart of a custom build. What is the exact difference between these two?

:)

Heaunohj{2, Dec 1, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Tartaros Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, Dec 1, 2019
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Activation vs. OEM key

oem activation key

I have a window 10 os oem version. I want to do a fresh reinstall on my computer. Can I use the same activation key ( i used in the first place to get my pc up and running) if it has been used before.

Note: I will use the same cd and the key

aasim1111, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Activation vs. OEM key

1. Activation vs. OEM key - Similar Threads - Activation OEM key

2. OEM Key not Activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Key not Activated: I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 but OEM Windows 7 Home Premium key by Sony Corporation, enter product key is say Key is invalid. I checked specs page is Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Windows and installed same edition but Windows say I have 3 days to activate Windows,...
  3. OEM Key not Activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM Key not Activated: I downgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7 but OEM Windows 7 Home Premium key by Sony Corporation, enter product key is say Key is invalid. I checked specs page is Windows 7 Home Premium Factory Windows and installed same edition but Windows say I have 3 days to activate Windows,...
  4. Activation license vs. product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation license vs. product key: I bought a used computer with Windows 10 pre-loaded, but found it wasn't activated. I bought a copy through the Windows store, but no product key was ever provided. It seems to be tied to my Microsoft account. I don't want to need to sign into an account to activate every...
  5. Activation license vs. product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation license vs. product key: I bought a used computer with Windows 10 pre-loaded, but found it wasn't activated. I bought a copy through the Windows store, but no product key was ever provided. It seems to be tied to my Microsoft account. I don't want to need to sign into an account to activate every...
  6. OEM activation key will not work

OEM activation key will not work: After crash and reinstall of windows 10 Pro from windows 10 Home installation disc, my OEM activation key is not accepted. How do I reactivate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-activation-key-will-not-work/01fc42a4-c68a-4192-a921-c1cd9544acf2
  7. Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key

Windows 10 OEM vs MSDN key: Hi, Recently I found a lot of ad selling Windows 10 for under $10 telling that it is OEM key. I'm curious if that is truly OEM key or it is MSDN key. Is there any way to check the type of license? and I heard that "slmgr/dli" can check license type but cannot check MSDN...
  8. activation key vs product key

activation key vs product key: Looking for the activation key on my OEM installed win 10 - to reactivate a newly installed win 10 on a replace SSD on the same PC . I have a product key but is 5 digits short ?...
  9. OEM VS retail

OEM VS retail: 1- what the good key for laptop DELL OEM VS Retail key ? And what is the difference between them ? 2 - Which of these two sites better buy genuine Windows version at an acceptable price and there are other sites better than them : A-...
  10. Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 COA OEM vs normal OEM and Win 10 activation?: Hi What is the difference between OEMSLP and OEM COA SLP versions? And can COA OEM keys be used to activate a fresh install of Win 10 (1511 or 1607)? Are MS activation servers still activating clean installs in Win 10 with Win 7 / 8 keys? Thanks 59384

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 oem key vs online activation key

2. windows online activation key vs oem key

3. oem vs activation key

4. oem key vs activation key,
  5. online actuavtion key vs oem key,
  6. online activation key vs oem,
  7. activaiton these characters appear windows OEM,
  8. windows 10 oem key vs activation key,
  9. windows key oem better,
  10. windows online activation versus oem key,
  11. Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OEM Build 18363.657 key activasyon,