Windows 10: activation win 10 pro

Discus and support activation win 10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; scenario: Laptop 1 has win 8, I buy a Win 10 Licence full from the windows store. Laptop 1 is Win 10 pro activated. 6 months later I buy Laptop 2,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PB4bl, Jan 26, 2021.

1. PB4bl Win User

activation win 10 pro

scenario:

Laptop 1 has win 8, I buy a Win 10 Licence full from the windows store.

Laptop 1 is Win 10 pro activated.

6 months later I buy Laptop 2, it has Win 10 home, I want to transfer my pro licence on it.

on Laptop 1 I deactivate the licence by entering "slmgr.vbs -upk", it says "successfully deactivated" but, on the windows settings/activation page it still says "activated with a digital licence linked to your microsoft account", rebooted, same, retry the "slmgr" command, it says "product key not found"

on Laptop 2 I have been able to upgrade from home to Pro using the product key provided by the MS support, but it didn't activate, if I click troubleshoot it still finds the previous Home key, if I go to the store it's only showing me options to buy the licence.. if I go to My orders I can still see my win 10 pro order all paid for

I've hda enough of this non sense, how difficult can this be.. and of course contacting support through "get help" all the way to "call me back" then it just hangs and then errors and I have to start again, same result...

fed up

fed up

:)

PB4bl, Jan 26, 2021

2. MSDN Win 10 Pro Activation Issues

Here is a Microsoft paper on activation issues.

Get help with Windows activation errors

I suggest that you use the TechNet forums for this particular issue. This forum is consumer-oriented (Win 10 Home, Pro). TechNet is IT oriented (Win 10, Pro, Enterprise, MSDN, Server 2012-R2, etc.).

Cbarnhorst, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Megahertz Win User
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

I found a solution to upgrade my Sony laptop from Win 7 pro to Win 10 Pro.
    As I described on the first post a upgrade from running Win 7 didn't work.
    So I followed Brink tutorial Clean Install Windows 10 without having to Upgrade First
    SIW2 suggested gatherosstate dance on post #8 but I didn't understand what he meant.
    From running Win 7 Pro I generated a GenuineTicket.xml using gatherosstate.exe tool.
    Then I did a Win 10 Pro Clean install on a blank SSD drive and used the GenuineTicket.xml generated under Win 7 Pro and it Activated Win 10 Pro just installed.
    Now I have a Win 10 Pro license on the M$ servers to the Sony laptop and I can do a upgrade from Win 7 Pro that it will activate.

Megahertz, Jan 26, 2021
  4. activation win 10 pro

ACTIVATION WIN 10

Hi,

You might see this error if you entered a product key for the Enterprise edition of Windows to activate
    Windows 10 Home or
    Windows 10 Pro. Activation in Windows 10 will depend on how you got your copy of Windows.
    To find the activation method that works with your copy of Windows, kindly refer to this

Microsoft article

Check out this
    link
    for a list of activation error codes and the suggested steps to troubleshoot it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

activation win 10 pro

1. activation win 10 pro - Similar Threads - activation pro

2. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  3. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  4. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  5. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  6. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  7. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  8. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94
  9. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94
  10. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.: When i put the code in, it says that the key doesn’t work and at the end it says 0xc0000022.What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-key-does-not-work/d474ee44-666d-4a71-80c6-6ec2e490e2b2