Windows 10: Activation win10

Discus and support Activation win10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So HDD stopped working and my upgraded win7 -> 10 is gone Does my Microsoft account have my product key? Sorry if this is an easy thing to find.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rune_418, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Rune_418 Win User

Activation win10

So HDD stopped working and my upgraded win7 -> 10 is gone

Does my Microsoft account have my product key?

Sorry if this is an easy thing to find.

Back story:

a while after upgrading the HDD broke and I had a local come reinstall win10 supposedly using my win7 key.
    now after changing up my pc - ram-GPU-CPU-motherboard I cant Activate and get an error message windows robot does not recognize
    and my win7 key I found is not recognized as well.

Thanks all for your efforts!

:)

Rune_418, Mar 31, 2021
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Activation win10 :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Mar 31, 2021
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Hodakiin Win User

Activation win10

Win10 won't activate after RAM change

Hey! I replaced my old RAM cards with two new ones, and now I'm stuck with a "activate windows" prompt in the bottom right corner of my screen. The troubleshooter does not seem to do anything (tried checking the changed hardware option + chose my device
    in the list of devices + it said win10 was now activated.... but the prompt won't leave.)

I got win10 during the free upgrade period, and thus I don't have a product key... Any suggestions?

Hodakiin, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Activation win10

1. Activation win10 - Similar Threads - Activation win10

2. Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?: I find the Taskbar that I have most definitely auto-hidden is often in the way, blocking stuff when I'm working with my cursor near the top of the screen. It's popping up all the time. All I need is to stop the cursor from activating the Taskbar. If I want to see the Taskbar...
  3. Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?: I find the Taskbar that I have most definitely auto-hidden is often in the way, blocking stuff when I'm working with my cursor near the top of the screen. It's popping up all the time. All I need is to stop the cursor from activating the Taskbar. If I want to see the Taskbar...
  4. Win10: Is there any way for the mouse cursor NOT to activate the auto hidden Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After main board changes, I can't activate Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After main board changes, I can't activate Win10: I have changed my mainboard, now I can't activate Win10 with my Key. I tried it by phone also, but not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-main-board-changes-i-cant-activate-win10/d0793635-409b-45af-a5d4-73d71d1e145c
  6. After main board changes, I can't activate Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After main board changes, I can't activate Win10: I have changed my mainboard, now I can't activate Win10 with my Key. I tried it by phone also, but not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-main-board-changes-i-cant-activate-win10/d0793635-409b-45af-a5d4-73d71d1e145c
  7. After main board changes, I can't activate Win10

8. Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me

Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me: I updated an older ACTIVATED legal version of Win10 older build by doing a fresh install. Everything worked OK, but now Windows tells me it's not activated there were no hardware changes. When I try to activate manually, the process fails can't reach the server of something...
  9. Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me: I updated an older ACTIVATED legal version of Win10 older build by doing a fresh install. Everything worked OK, but now Windows tells me it's not activated there were no hardware changes. When I try to activate manually, the process fails can't reach the server of something...
  10. Win10 activation - how do I get MS to help me

in Windows 10 Gaming