Windows 10: Activation Windows 10 OEM disk

Discus and support Activation Windows 10 OEM disk in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Brother bought GOV HP desktop and sent it to me...loaded fine, works fine - except sound. Tried to setup but computer says Windows 10 not activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BruceConn, Feb 25, 2020.

1. BruceConn Win User

Activation Windows 10 OEM disk

Brother bought GOV HP desktop and sent it to me...loaded fine, works fine - except sound. Tried to setup but computer says Windows 10 not activated. Looked at disk & disk jacket...has the product key - entered thru settings-activation-product key --- say not valid.

UGH...help

:)

BruceConn, Feb 25, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Tartaros Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

Is there any way to activate a oem key in a win 7 wich has not been installed with the oem disk? The key is the one wich came with the computer and I installed version that matchs with it, so there wouldn't be any problem of using any other disk of win 7, but it doesn't activate.

Tartaros, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Activation Windows 10 OEM disk

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Activation Windows 10 OEM disk

1. Activation Windows 10 OEM disk - Similar Threads - Activation OEM disk

2. windows 10 pro oem activation problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro oem activation problem: Hi , l purchased a new pc and a windows 10 pro oem software with a box. The pc did not have a dvd drive so l downloaded windows 10 pro software and installed it form the usb drive . l entered the product key on the box . İnstallation finished , when l restarted the pc there...
  3. Window 10 OEM activation issues.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 OEM activation issues.: Hello everyone! so, i have a laptop that come with a pre-installed window 10. yesterday, my brother suddenly change my activation code with the generic code that he got from the internet. Note: my pre-installed one is window home while the generic product key is the window...
  4. Activating windows with OEM key due to damaged hard disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activating windows with OEM key due to damaged hard disk: I have my laptop which is registered with windows 10 digital license. Somehow my hard disk is damaged and i am currently on a different OS for time being but i want to switch to Windows 10 home as before. So i am thinking of doing the same. Can i do it using the OEM key which...
  5. Can a windows 10 was and/or oem activate windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can a windows 10 was and/or oem activate windows: I have unavtivated windows RN and wonder what I should by cause I bought a windows 10 pro esd from a local shop and it turned out to be a generic ket that can't activate windows 10 pro submitted by /u/tomstarmot [link] [comments]...
  6. Activate Windows 10 OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows 10 OEM: A year ago, when I assembled my PC, I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Amazon, but I noticed that it was not OEM but VOLUME MAK. So yesterday I bought an OEM version. The problem is that if I put the key on "Change product key" it tells me that "This copy of Windows is already...
  7. Windows OEM activation

Windows OEM activation: If i have a PC with windows 7 activated on it OEM Is it legal to upgrade to windows 10 and activate it using that OEM from windows 7 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-oem-activation/6d520fea-f354-4d9f-b9df-6904bdba92da
  8. Windows 10 Pro Activation Issues OEM

Windows 10 Pro Activation Issues OEM: Hello, I have trouble activating Windows 10 Pro on my new laptop Schenker Via 15: https://www.schenker-tech.de/en/schenker-via-15-en I have an OEM product key which I purchased from Playasia. Before asking my question here, I tried to fix this issue on my own searching the...
  9. Windows 10 OEM Key activation later?

Windows 10 OEM Key activation later?: Hi all! I would like to ask you about Windows 10 OEM key. Is it possible to buy this key online and use it only after 3 or 4 months later? Hopefully noone will cancel it if i don't use it imediately. Thank you for your answer! Andris...
  10. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer: Hello. I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account.' So, will I be able to install & activate my windows 10 on a NEW computer? I was told I won't, but if I have it...