Windows 10: Activation - Windows 10 Pro - Purchased NEW license - Windows says 'used it before'

Discus and support Activation - Windows 10 Pro - Purchased NEW license - Windows says 'used it before' in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Community, I am here because I've been trying to get a call back but the virtual assistant link doesn't work. I also tried to remove and replace,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by defaultrouteuk, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Activation - Windows 10 Pro - Purchased NEW license - Windows says 'used it before'

Hi Community,

I am here because I've been trying to get a call back but the virtual assistant link doesn't work. I also tried to remove and replace, upgrade, delete and reinstall but nothing works. My 200 quid license will not be accepted and I get an error.

Error Code: 0xC004C008

If I try to change the existing code that doesn't exist I get this error:

Error Code: 0xc004d302

Anyone got an idea?

EDIT: I bought the license an hour ago on the M$ shop. My other three PRO licenses are there but the new one is not because I DIDN'T register it yet.

:)

defaultrouteuk, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically, a new motherboard constitutes a new computer and if your current copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to buy a new W10 license. While the process may allow you to activate Windows 10 that was an upgrade, that does not make it legal to do so.

The current free Windows 10 program is only for people who currently have a legal copy of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems. And those upgrade licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers.

If you purchased a full retail W10 license separately for your current computer and wish to install this W10 on this new computer, you can legally do that as long as you uninstalled it from the old computer.

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

The good new is, once you buy a new Windows 10 license, you can transfer it to a new computer as many times as you like. So this would be a one time purchase.

Bill_Bright, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Activation - Windows 10 Pro - Purchased NEW license - Windows says 'used it before'

Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Activation - Windows 10 Pro - Purchased NEW license - Windows says 'used it before' windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Activation - Windows 10 Pro - Purchased NEW license - Windows says 'used it before'

1. Activation - Windows 10 Pro - Purchased NEW license - Windows says 'used it before' - Similar Threads - Activation Pro Purchased

2. Is it possible to use OEM license to activate a new installation of Windows 10 where before...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to use OEM license to activate a new installation of Windows 10 where before...: We bought some Industrial PCs with Windows 11 IoT license Key but now we need install and activate Windows 10 Pro. My question is: if we install from zero Windows 10 Pro on that PCs and buy Windows 10 Pro OEM we could activate it Win 10 Pro on that PCs?I just read some topics...
  3. Is it possible to use OEM license to activate a new installation of Windows 10 where before...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to use OEM license to activate a new installation of Windows 10 where before...: We bought some Industrial PCs with Windows 11 IoT license Key but now we need install and activate Windows 10 Pro. My question is: if we install from zero Windows 10 Pro on that PCs and buy Windows 10 Pro OEM we could activate it Win 10 Pro on that PCs?I just read some topics...
  4. Is it possible to use OEM license to activate a new installation of Windows 10 where before...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  6. Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License

Windows 11 Pro Activation Using Windows 10 Pro License: Hello All,I have an old laptop with windows 10 pro that activated using a windows 10 pro retail digital license connected to my Microsoft account. Recently, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to activate the windows 11 pro on new laptop using the existing license and...
  7. Use purchased Windows 10 Pro keys to activate Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use purchased Windows 10 Pro keys to activate Windows 11 Pro: I was told that I can use my windows 10 keys to activate windows 11.I assumed this goes as well for the pro versions.1 Is this assumption wrong? Or even the information that you can use the windows 10 keys?No regarding my key. I find a way to get my key from my old pc via CMD...
  8. Use purchased Windows 10 Pro keys to activate Windows 11 Pro

Use purchased Windows 10 Pro keys to activate Windows 11 Pro: I was told that I can use my windows 10 keys to activate windows 11.I assumed this goes as well for the pro versions.1 Is this assumption wrong? Or even the information that you can use the windows 10 keys?No regarding my key. I find a way to get my key from my old pc via CMD...
  9. Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license

Activation says I have a Windows 10 Home license even though I purchased a Pro license: I purchased a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft store, but it's not activating. I'm getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.I checked my order history and the purchase is there, and it's for pro, not home.I'm signed into the same account on my computer with which...
  10. Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license: 1. Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro via the microsoft store 2. Windows now prompts for activation, it was a digital license bought through my MS account, it should auto activate but it does not 3. I have the windows 10 pro purchase in my order history,...