Windows 10: Activation Windows with key or activator, what's the difference?

Discus and support Activation Windows with key or activator, what's the difference? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I will use license, but some people say to use activator, so I wonder what people lose when they play in "Pirates of the Caribbean" I had Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ravensh1ne, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Activation Windows with key or activator, what's the difference?

I will use license, but some people say to use activator, so I wonder what people lose when they play in "Pirates of the Caribbean"
    I had Windows 7 Basic with license key on my PC, I upgraded to Windows 10 as was offered, and now my Windows is license? So now I want to install Windows 10 on SSD, but how, now I can't use same license and will buy, I lost old pc case

:)

Ravensh1ne, Mar 25, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Mar 25, 2019
  3. tigger Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Maban Win User

Activation Windows with key or activator, what's the difference?

windows 8 activation key

You can use a Windows key as many time as you want provided it's only on one computer at a time. If the automated activation fails, just call the number it provides. Six minutes later, you're activated again. If it asks you how many computers it's on, just say "one" and you're golden.

Maban, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Activation Windows with key or activator, what's the difference?

1. Activation Windows with key or activator, what's the difference? - Similar Threads - Activation key activator

2. Windows Activation Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Key: I work at a company, and i need to know if someone is using our activation key in their personal PC's. How can i do it?I can do it via VLSC? I can get any information of IP, account or anything that points out to someone that may be using the key?...
  3. keys activating differant keys and key allocation changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys activating differant keys and key allocation changing: my laptop has recently had this issue when I press any of the following key from the middle row of the key board is followed by a repeating backslash but the backslash key no longer works and i updated windows and drivers and now the backslash issue is preplaced with a hash...
  4. keys activating differant keys and key allocation changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keys activating differant keys and key allocation changing: my laptop has recently had this issue when I press any of the following key from the middle row of the key board is followed by a repeating backslash but the backslash key no longer works and i updated windows and drivers and now the backslash issue is preplaced with a hash...
  5. keys activating differant keys and key allocation changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. What's my Windows activation key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's my Windows activation key?: I remember I used the following command to funny my product key: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey But now it doesn't seem to work anymore, it only repeats the string "OA3xOriginalProductKey" 169989
  7. What's my Windows activation key?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's my Windows activation key?: I remember I used the following command to funny my product key: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey But now it doesn't seem to work anymore, it only repeats the string "OA3xOriginalProductKey" 169989
  8. WIndows Activation Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows Activation Key: I just got this PC from best buy and when I tried to change sound settings on it it says I need an activation key. I don't have one and it says it would come with the PC but couldn't find anything. I contacted Best Buy and it would cost money to help. I just want to talk to...
  9. windows key activated

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows key activated: a few minutes ago the keystrokes om my computer appeared to be responding to windows (logo) key commands; e.g. i tried to search for ‘map’ in firefox and all windows minimized when i typed 'm'. the problem persisted with another keyboard connected to the same machine. but...
  10. Activate OEM version key on different version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate OEM version key on different version: Hello, i have installed Win 10 PRO x64 from original ISO, i choose activate later. Today my KEY WIN 10 PRO X64 arrived but is OEM (DVD media) version. How can i activate OEM version without reinstall? Problem is that PC dont have DVD :/ 91949